A firm in the logistics sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reports to: Managing Director
Lead implementation of our IT solutions as well as develop and deploy Terminal specific applications. Manage IT infrastructure and ensure compliance with IT security. Further drive Strategic Initiatives to enhance terminal’s offering while preparing us for the future.
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- Lead roll-out and change management activities across the Terminal in connection with implementation and deployment of our global IT solutions.
- Develop and deploy Terminal specific IS applications, and provide input and support to development and deployment of global applications:
- Provide input to development of global applications to be developed by our organization
- Manage the implementation and deployment of our organization global applications.
- Capture and prioritise business requirements for Terminal IS applications.
- Develop recommendation for Terminal specific IS solutions-consistent with our organization Terminals policy and standards.
- Manage the development, implementation and deployment of Terminal specific IS applications including management of external vendors-consistent with our organization's policy and standards for local IS applications development.
- Provide recommendations for best-practice-sharing regarding IS solutions, incl. recommendations for usage in our organization. Ensure transparency of such opportunities by adhering to the our organization's IT governance procedures for project initiation and registration.
- Provide input to recommendation for vendor selection for our organization
- Provide input to and ensure compliance with our organization IS strategy, policy and standards.
- Provide input to the development of our organization's IS strategy, policy, and standards for infrastructure, platforms, and IS applications development.
- Ensure compliance with IS strategy, policy and standards for our organization's (including infrastructure, platforms, applications development, and security).
- Manage Terminal IS infrastructure.
- Maintain Terminal infrastructure, including local network, servers and workstations in accordance with our organization's Terminals policy and standards, including applicable security rules.
- Ensure that Terminal infrastructure will support implementation and deployment of our organization's global application, by proactively complying with project specific instructions and guidelines, in addition to our organization's policy and standards.
- Manage relationships with local vendors for hardware and standard software in accordance with our organization IS policy and standards.
- Build world-class IS team for Terminal by retaining IS talent and managing, coaching, mentoring and supporting all direct reports
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- Contribute in the management team and together with the management team drive the strategic initiatives that will prepare the terminal for the future.
- Reinforce our organization's group culture, values & reputation & ensure compliance with our organization policies.
- The incumbent is required to set objectives for subordinate positions & will contribute to improvements in operational performance of the operation.
- The position strives for continuous improvement in systems & processes in the function in order to make the outputs user friendly.
- The position is primarily single dimensional affecting directly the operational aspects of the terminal.
- We need to add BCP dimension
- We need to add something about data protection / data security
Reporting and Scope
(IPE Factor: Knowledge-Teams & Breadth)
Systems Operations Manager
Technical Implementation Manager
The position reports directly to the CEO/MD of the terminal
The position has an indirect albeit functional reporting line to the Regional Head of Finance to ensure that company standard procedures are put into place at the terminal level
The position scope is domestic.
Work/Business Contact and Authority
(IPE Factor: Communication)
Our organization's Management Team at the terminal where the relationship is shared to achievement of a common objective
External contractors or business partners where the relationship oftentimes may be divergent to the interests of the terminal.
(IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- University degree in Information Systems management or similar
- Postgraduate studies in IT management or related studies.
- At least 8 years in IT management roles.
- Knowledge of modern terminal operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with the shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience in finance-related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
Learning & Career Opportunities:
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas;
Extensive IT management experience in a large container terminal.
Experience in Strategy development and implementation
Leadership skills in leading a department of professionals.
Relevant next career steps might be;
Any IT management function with more responsibility & complexity
IT set up role in a new project
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541181 to apply for this job .