Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
Tracking Code: 1019-112
- MAFITA is a large-scale, six year youth employment programme operating in Nigeria’s northern states, funded by DFID and implemented by Adam Smith International in partnership with City & Guilds and Making Cents. Through a combination of innovative skills development and job creation interventions, MAFITA will support over 60,000 marginalised young people to find employment or become entrepreneurs by 2021.
- MAFITA is a flagship youth employment programme for DFID and Adam Smith International.
- The MAFITA programme aims to increase economic opportunities for marginalised youth across target states in Northern Nigeria. In order to achieve this objective the COSDECs Engagement Specialist would serve in the cross cutting unit and ensure that the programme cultivates meaningful relationships with key stakeholders at the community levels.
- The Engagement Specialist’s main responsibility is to pave way for the programme to effectively reach the target group in all intervention sites in the states.
- Focal point to all community level interactions in programme intervention sites.
- Devise and implement strategies to ensure programme access to target beneficiaries.
- Design, plan and deliver the activities and responsibilities to engage with stakeholders and care givers to ensure smooth, continued and successful enrolment of beneficiaries in the COSDEC scheme in alignment with the overall objectives of Mafita.
- Work with other members in the Stakeholder Engagement unit to facilitate the enrolment of beneficiaries across intervention sites
- Lead in the facilitation and organisation of the selection, identification and screening of additional sources of beneficiaries for COSDEC and Apprenticeship interventions.
- Work with other Engagement Unit members to identify and screen beneficiaries for enrolment into training.
- Work closely with the Engagement Manager and Engagement Specialist - Apprenticeship (as well as other team members) to ensure coherent messaging and strategy for engagement with the target beneficiary group.
- Build and cultivate strong relationship with key community actors (such as religious leaders, women’s groups, local governments)
- Generate interest and appetite among key community actors for the programme.
- Support and provide input to strategy and guidelines for COSDEs Unit to identify, engage, train and monitor the relevant CMC members and its successful delivery.
- Liaise with SEU manager on broader programme strategy to ensure synergies are identified and programme coherence is guaranteed.
- Liaise with other donor programmes working in the same geographical areas to achieve synergies – where appropriate.
- Provide wider team with recommendations for community engagement and facilitate access for the Research Unit to carry out studies.
- Support the Communications Specialist in the development and review of communication materials on a regular basis.
- Co-ordinate and supervise all short-term technical assistance that fall under Engagement Specialist remit.
- In discussion with line manager, provide flexible project assistance where needed for successful project delivery, especially during times of milestone delivery.
- The Engagement Specialist - COSDECs should bring a commitment to the programme’s overall aim of providing sustainable livelihood opportunities to marginalised young people across our core states of operation.
- The preferred candidate will bring a strong work ethic to a lively and dedicated team of professionals.
The following qualifications are required:
- Minimum of a postgraduate degree
- At least 5 years’ experience working in roles related to community mobilisation.
- Experience working with donor funded programmes is preferred.
- Experience working in northern Nigeria essential, preferably in North-West Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Mafita beneficiaries (Almajirai, IQE Girls, Persons with disabilities and Early school leavers)
- Excellent people skills and ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders, both written and oral
- Time management and Organisational skills
- Competent knowledge in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft tools and/or any relevant software.
Duration and Location:
- This is a full-time position, commencing as soon as possible with an anticipated 60 days of input until 31st March 2018, but with scope to increase depending on programme needs in the next financial year starting in April, 2018.
- The Enagaement Specialist will be based in the Kano office and may require some travel to other project focal states (Katsina, Jigawa and Kaduna) in the North
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/541028 to apply for this job .