We require the services of a qualified and experienced candidate for this position.
DIRECT REPORT: Executive Director
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: All Employees, facilitators, Visitors, Vendors, external organisations,
- The Executive Director Entrepreneurship Promotions Academy is the most senior and busiest executive of the two organizations. She manages the Educational and business operations, plans market and development strategy and is accountable to the board of directors.
- The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an Academy Secretary to manage the administrative and organizational services to the Academy. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Leadership team to ensure that the Academy runs smoothly and efficiently.
- The Academy Secretary’s role is busy and varied. The successful candidate will be efficient, well organized, and flexible, take an active role in the life of the Academy, and have the ability to work in a team.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to relate well to parents, trainees and visitors; a good sense of humour; and knowledge and experience of relevant systems and specialist ICT packages is essential.
- The Secretary will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The Secretary will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in Co-ordinating, the training courses run by EPA by getting nominations and facilitators
- Sales: Through e-mail, telephone, and walk-ins from students who inquire about our training programs. Answer telephone calls, e-mails, sell training programs to students in person
- Perform clerical duties and support high-level executives, supervising office staff, conducting research and arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Classroom prep: Prepare materials, books, other stationary item, ensuring they are not out stocked.
- Acquire faculty resources through internal or external sources.
- To independently take the lead in announcing courses as decided by the Academy and run the courses.
- To assist in planning and preparation of course calendar, statistics, and reports of EPA
- To support the faculty in course delivery administration along with administrative support for assessment and data analysis
- To effectively and continuously communicate course and academic information across business units.
- To provide periodic reports and information and Liaise with training administrator at the academy
- For generating suitable nominations for various courses.
- To comply with EPA mandates and time lines
- To Give periodic work status update to the respective stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bsc or BA in secretarial studies, law. Masters in related discipline (education) is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3- 4 years Proven work experience as a Secretary similar role, experience in a similar environment is an added advantage
- You must have experience in an administrative setting, in a fast paced environment. It can be slow at times, but also busy.
- Multi-tasking: You must have proven experience in multi-tasking. This crucial skill will be looked at in all resumes. This job requires you to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Be proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Google sheets is commonly used.
- Must be able to maintain a polite and professional approach at all times. Customer service is a priority. All applicants must be able to demonstrate this.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions stamina and dedication
NB: Candidate should live preferably on the island
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/540765 to apply for this job .