We require the services of a qualified and experienced candidate for this position.
DIRECT REPORT: Chairman
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: All Employees, Board, Visitors, Vendors, external organisations,
- The Chairman is the most senior and busiest executive the organizations. He coordinates the affairs of the group of Companies and is accountable to the board of directors.
- The Personal Assistant (PA) will provide support services. This is a very important role; the PA takes care of administrative and other duties, freeing the Executive Director to focus on managing the organization. The PA will be sharing much of the pressure and long hours of the Chairman’s Job.
- Reporting directly to the Chairman, the Personal Assistant provides Personal support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Personal Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the ED. The Personal Assistant also oversees special projects.
- The Personal Assistant will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The Personal Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chairman including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Chairman's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Chairman's time and office.
- Conducts research, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chairman including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Chairman's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Chairman to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Chairman updated.Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Chairman, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Chairman's ability to effectively lead the Group.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Provide Administrative Assistance
- Screening incoming calls, making notes of essential information and prioritizing the calls to be returned by the Chairman.
- Accepting and making phone calls, setting business meeting agendas, sending memos, accepting visitors, and reviewing incoming reports
- Prioritizing a list of replies to emails that have to be made by the Chairman personally. Replying to the non-priority emails.
- Keeping all corporate documents including policies, laws and board and management meetings minutes.
- Work closely with managers or lower-level administrative assistants to complete certain tasks that require collaboration.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the Chairman's administrative liaison to the board of Directors
- Assists the Chairman and other board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Management Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Takes minutes of meetings
- Ensures that the Chairman's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the Chairman and the organizations in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests, vendors, and co-workers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Displays engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment, and provide a positive and energetic attitude.
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness.
- Respectfully takes direction from Chairman
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Bsc or BA in any discipline. Masters in related discipline is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3- 4 years Proven work experience as a Personal Assistant or similar role, experience in a similar environment is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Ability to multi – task
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions stamina and dedication
- A knowledge of MS – Office Software
NB: Candidate should live preferably on the island
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/540764 to apply for this job .