Located in Lagos Island, Our client is an innovative generation company, striving to constantly achieve highest possible standards in the power industry as well as providing quality service delivery. In a quest to attaining this goal, our client is currently seeking the services of a ‘Head, Legal / Company Secretary’ To direct and control the provision of effective legal services to the company and ensure the highest quality of legal and compliance advice is provided in the most efficient manner, and provide assistance to the Board of Directors in the daily business activities by performing all required secretarial activities
The ideal candidate will be assigned the following primary responsibilities:
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on all matters relating to company law and corporate governance
- Provide accurate and timely advice on all legal and regulatory matters of the company and support in legal and compliance related matters
- Provide assistance to the business in ensuring compliance with all various legal requirements
- Assist with ensuring that the company meets its legal responsibilities under the Nigerian Laws and Regulations
- Manage the relationship with external legal firms and practitioners, as required
- Ensure transfer of files to external lawyers, in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer, and monitor performance
- Review and propose updates to the company's documents as needed
- Ensure proper legal consultations are provided to departments / units within the company
- Conduct meetings with clients and concerned parties to discuss related legal matters
- Conduct review of texts of standard contracts, Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), other agreements, legal correspondence and forms as well as analysis of formal complaints against the company and advice on measures of action
- Represent the company in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes
- Prepare relevant periodic reports related to the department functions as and when requested by Executive Management
This ideal candidate must possess the following;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Postgraduate Qualification in Law and/or Business related field
- Member of Nigerian Bar Association
- Minimum of 15 years’ post call experience, 10 of which must be at managerial level in the in-house Legal Department of a power firm, or in private practice where client(s) of the firm are in the power generation and/or distribution business
- Deep understanding of legal issues, including corporate governance and legal compliance
- Deep understanding of Budget and Cost Management
- Understanding of the power industry and regulatory
- Excellent communication - written and verbal
- Effective team worker, ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Able to work independently and meticulous.
- Must be willing to travel at short notice
- Effective management of resources and time
- Self-motivated and target oriented.
- Highly reliable, proactive, detail oriented, organized and dedicated.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and basic applications.
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Experience working with external partners
- Ability to apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Key Performance Indicators
- Turnaround time for drafting and reviewing agreements and documents.
- Response time to legal issues or enquiries as it affects the Company.
- Periodic updates on the processing of licenses for the Company’s existing and proposed assets.
- Penalties/failure on regulatory compliance
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/540610 to apply for this job .