Our client is an emerging modern grocery retail company currently operating several multi-format grocery retail outlets in major cities around the country. With local expertise and international affiliations, the client is committed to providing the best shopping experience to customers from our modern supermarkets and convenience stores as well as online stores. We are dedicated to offering the widest variety of international and local brands and the highest standards of freshness and quality at affordable prices. We are currently expanding our footprint across the country, and we are on the lookout for passionate, driven, result-oriented and visionary leaders with track-records of performance to join us in building our best-in-class modern grocery retail company.
The General Manager, Retail Operations will be responsible for the day to day profitable operations of all physical retail stores in line with the company’s retail operating standards and set objectives. The Candidates must be an Inspiring, confident and self-driven person with bias for action in line with our business goals.
The Ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Management, Business Administration or relevant field.
- MBA will be added advantage.
- Minimum of Ten years’ management level experience in a retail/franchise operation for a multi-branch modern grocery retail chain or FMCG
- The ideal candidate should have had operational excellence and profit goals, oversight and responsibility for a minimum ten (10) superstore modern grocery retail operation or other multibillion naira FMCG operations and sales function
Key Responsibilities include:
- Day to day oversight on all assigned retail operating stores
- Visiting individual stores and investigating the performance and operations of each store
- Maintaining best practice visual merchandising standards across all assigned locations
- Ensuring that all the stores are working towards higher profitability
- Assist in the development, update and enforcement of retail operating standards and policies
- Ensuring that all the stores are adhering to and functioning as per company policies
- Provide troubleshooting solutions to stores in times of problems
- Instituting best-in-class loss prevention strategies aimed at protecting company’s assets and managing costs
- Creates business plan for the stores and communicates same
- Creates end-to-end sales plan, display plans and ad plans customized for each Category
- Maintains comprehensive awareness of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Ensuring proper controls and minimal shrinkage to the company’s inventory
- Working with the Human Resource function to identify and recruit operating staff
- Training and mentoring staff
- Excellent Leadership skills and attention to details
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and power point) & excellent presentation skills
- Excellent Business and Finance Acumen. Cost and profit-conscious
- Clear and Effective Communication Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/540088 to apply for this job .