CBM is an international development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world CBM provides grants sourced from private and institutional donors to local partners. who subsequently implement the grants on the basis of contracts signed with CBM detailing implementation, accounting. and reporting standards.
- CBM is seeking a Finance Offices (Emergency Response) to support emergency response protects in the north-east funded by CBM Germany and BMZ The Finance Officer (Emergency Response) reports to the Finance Manager CO, and works closely with other CO finance / programme staff and projects partners.
- Drive best practices in financial and administrative management of emergency projects
- Be accountable for ensuring that accurate partner accounts, statistic and financial information ore completed to set deadline and that costs are controlled to within budget allocation
- Assist the Finance Manager In producing and presenting protect forecasts and budgets, working with CBM accounting systems and to further assist him with partners’ financial reports
- Financial management and partner financial management support:
- Manage the cash-flow position of emergency projects
- Develop / disseminate guidelines on efficient use of organizational resources and procedures fan purchasing, payment of bills, and other financial transactions
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Support completion of CBM supported project audits no timely manner
- Ensure compliance and consistency with In-country, CBM internal and donor/MA policies. procedures. as well as donors contracts
- Analyze and present financial reports, budget versus actual expenditure information, annual financial statements, request for hinds In an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain financial records and accounts of daily transactions. ensuring accuracy and completeness of ties and supporting documentation to serve as evidence of transactions
- Promote a cost consciousness culture and practice and advises partners on best financial practices
- Support programme staff and partners in project budget preparation, as needed
- Participate in capacity development for partners in financial management
- Participate in financial monitoring of implementing partners projects
Administration and Human Resources Management:
- Ensure compliance with relevant local regulations, with internal policies. donors requirements
- Manage all matters related to project operations and administration
- Maintain proper filing and documentation
- Arrange travel logistics for the state office state prepare weekly/monthly travel plan, and hotel reservations, arrange for hotel pick-ups and arrange halls and meals for all training
- Maintain the storage of office supplies, sourcing of vendors, obtaining quotations for required service and arranging for repairs of office equipment
- Maintain the Asset inventory list in the office
- Participate in partner capacity assessments and development
- Other relevant assigned duties as necessary
- Professional profile and requirements
- BSc/HND Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or any other related fields
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role with an INGO/NGO, private or public organisation
- Good working knowledge of accounting administration. financial analysis. budgeting procedures and cash/boys. reconciliation
- Excellent and demonstrable rolls in the use of standard accounting packages and Microsoft Office programmes
- Knowledge of social Inclusion and Navision or any related programme management software is an added advantage
- Ability to use Quick books accounting software
Personal Profile and Competencies:
- Development programme experience NGO
- Knowledge and experience of project cycle management in development context for 5 years
- Knowledge and experiences of project planning. monitoring and reporting of minimum of 3 years
- Experience in narrative and financial reporting on complex protects to International donors
- Cooperation with civil society/government/donors and private rector knowledge and/or experiences
- Basic knowledge of advocacy and Inclusion
- Working experience in insecure environments
- Performance Criteria
- Efficient management of emergency response projects finances
- Project financial reporting completed according to set timelines
- Timely and accurate financial reporting
- Capacity development progress Is reported regularly
- Adherence to finance, administrative, and procurement rules
Risk and Compliance:
- Financial, operational and compliance risks identified and reported and/or addressed proactively Budget variances are anticipated, noted, and addressed
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit in English a meaningful letter of motivation, CV, copies of diplomas, three professional referees and salary expectations quoted in Nigerian Naira.
- The future job holder adheres to CBM values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM is an equal opportunities employer, and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/539691 to apply for this job .