A Retail Supermarket seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
To work in a retail store to process cash receipts, credit memos and follow up on collections.
Applicant must be organized, have great follow-up skills and be detail oriented. Experience working with receivables in a retail and/or wholesale environment helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable aging for certain customers, receiving incoming customer payments, entering cash receipts and completing bank deposits.
- Communicating with customers (verbally, via email, letter or fax) to reconcile customer accounts. Communications will involve requesting past due payments and clarify charge-backs, deductions, and allowances.
- Research, verify and analyze returns, proof of delivery, shortages and allowances with Customer Service, Shipping, and Salesmen
- Assist with month-end and year closings and will be required to prepare various excel reports
- Accounting Clerical duties such as filing, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence
- Basic Bookkeeping knowledge a plus
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments which the Company deems appropriate.
- Must have 3-5 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and education
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Familiarity with the following:
- Credit and debit payments
- General Ledger codes
- Bank and financial background checks
- Auto Clearinghouse
- Knowledgeable in BAF and EDI
- Receivables in a retail and/or wholesale environment
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/539608 to apply for this job .