UNICEF Nigeria recently scaled up its integrated humanitarian response plan and is leading humanitarian response in the education, WASH and nutrition sectors in the country, as well as the child protection sub-sector. We are tackling the resurgence of wild poliovirus, and are promoting health care access overall. We are also working on bringing 100 percent access to clean water and sanitation by 2030. We are working with partners on early childhood education initiatives and are supporting the national HIV program. In addition, UNICEF Nigeria is providing support for three critical child protection initiatives.
Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
How can you make a difference?
- Overall coordination and management of the total programme commitment of a medium-size country programme with a broad range of projects, including programme/project formulation, design, planning, and management focused on the achievement of UNICEF's Organizational priorities.
Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Ensure that area/country programmes are supported by knowledge management through data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of "lessons learned" and other corporate-level databases.
- Participate in information exchange through donor and media visits as well as in the development of training and orientation material.
- Programme Development and Management
- Identify critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyze country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Draft changes to/or prepare programme work plans as required. Prepare program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods, and practices.
- Establishes programme work plans, monitors compliance and provides training, support and guidance to the programme team in order to meet objectives. Identifies human resources requirements and on-going staff development needs.
- Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of programme/projects in collaboration with Government and other partners.
- Prepares relevant programme reports required for management, the Executive Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Optimum Use Of Program Funds
- Establish and supervise programme work plans and monitor progress and compliance. Monitor the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated. Take appropriate actions to optimize the use of programme funds. Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluations
- Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on the required corrective action.
- Carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation and participate the major programme evaluation exercises in consultation with the Representative, the Operations Officer, the Evaluation Officer and others to improve efficiency and quality of programme delivery. Participate in annual sector review meetings with government counterparts. Ensure the timely preparation of annual program status reports.
- Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach
- Adopt rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks. Formulate consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects. Bring coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
- Prepare and submit viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfillment of the rights of children and women, and recommendations on the programme, new initiatives, and management issues to ensure achievement of stated objectives.
- National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability
- Provide government authorities with technical support and guidance to plan and organize training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Ensure the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners starting with taking a strategic approach to the identification of these partners and partnerships.
- Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels
- Conduct policy analysis from a children's and women's rights perspective and advocacy at the government, community and family levels for elevating credibility in national and international policy debates. Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
- Partnership, Coordination, and Collaboration
- Develop partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies. Linkage to the Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme data.
- Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavors and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability.
- Maintain close collaboration with Regional Advisers and HQ Officers for effective overall coordination on programmes.
- Plans develop and implement sectoral programme(s) by collaborating with the government and other partners. Provide leadership in the provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and promotion of area/country level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by UNICEF programme and country level cooperation.
Qualification of Successful Candidate
- Education: Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- Work Experience: Eight years of relevant professional work experience. Developing country work experience (for IP) or fieldwork experience (for NO) Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Functional Competencies: Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Persuading and Influencing, Creating and Innovating.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538967 to apply for this job .