eRecruiter Nigeria Limited - Our client, is a luxury 5-star Hotel located in Kano, with over 18 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in Nigeria. They are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
- We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines.
- The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the customers, whenever required
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen.
- Produce high-quality dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to customers’ requirements;
- Plan the food design in order to create a perfect match between the dish’s aspect and its taste;
- Train the auxiliary kitchen staff in order to provide best results in minimum time and using at the maximum the available resources;
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
- Create tasting menus for customers interested in contracting the food for different events (wedding, banquets, corporate dinners, birthday parties, etc.)from their kitchen;
- Developing a cross-marketing strategy in order to increase profit, such as pairing drinks with the food served;
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen door;
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the customers.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach to coworkers and customers
- Proven 3-4 years 4-5 Star Hotel relevant work experience as Sous Chef
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- MUST be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
- Must be willing to work within Kano.
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Proven working experience as a Sous chef
- Communication, dexterity, creativity and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Driving experience is an added advantage
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538932 to apply for this job .