The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa.
The Bio-Tech Engineer is responsible for:
- Install laboratory equipment within IHVN MDRTB reference Laboratories.
- Biosafety level 2& 3 maintenance.
- HVAC maintenance.
- Carry out repairs and planned preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for equipment in conjunction with the Quality Assurance unit and other units under the Laboratory Department.
- Support equipment training for site lab staff.
- Certify Biosafety cabinet
- Carry out scheduled equipment and apparatus calibrations.
- Liaise with third party supply & service companies on equipment support services.
- Liaise with Regional Laboratory Officers on equipment functions, breakdowns, and support for action.
- Write service and installation reports.
- Provide monthly and weekly reports to the head of the unit for activity and progress monitoring.
- Autoclave, Biosafety cabinet, Inspissator, Centrifuge, Water bath, Freezer, incubator, microscopes, Genexpert, Laminal flow hood etc.
- B.Eng. / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- HND Sci. Lab. Tech with specialization in Physics with Electronic
- BMLS with specialization in Instrumentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic Electrical/Electronic/Instrumentation skills.
- Basic computer application and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of laboratories, equipments, and automation.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538754 to apply for this job .