A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Responsible to: Maintenance Manager
The Electrical Engineer provides technical support to the Maintenance Manager with regards to the industrial equipment and electrical system of the Plant. He/she will take responsibility to analyze and implement opportunities for improvement, analyze and solve recurrent maintenance and operation equipment problems and give field support to the maintenance team and project teams to optimize the equipment availability and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, make proposals for solution and coordination of implementation of these solutions related to recurrent equipment and system problems. This mainly related to electrical, instrumentation and automation however also related to mechanical equipment and integrated systems.
- Prepare work instructions and training documents for maintenance and utility technicians.
- Built and maintain a decent high level knowledge and experience with regards to the electrical generation and distribution systems.
- Provide technical field support to the maintenance and utility teams concerning best practices in maintenance.
- Prepare work planning inclusive technical work preparation for major maintenance activities.
- Performs equipment safety analyses in order to identify technical solutions related to safety requirements in the frame of the machine safety directives.
- Identifies technical areas for improvement and prepares detailed project files towards envisaged capex investments.
- Analyses machine related bottlenecks and elaborate technical proposals for elimination of these bottlenecks.
- Liaises with the maintenance and project team to realize equipment and machine modifications.
- Supports the maintenance manager in the identification and sourcing of spare parts.
- Prepares functional specifications towards external services and equipment suppliers.
- Manages the execution of assigned maintenance activities, modifications and/or project activities.
- Working actively towards the achievement of the Departmental goals.
- Working in accordance with the company’s principles
- Performing any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Replaces (from time to time) the Maintenance Manager or Utilities Coordinator during long term absences.
- Will accept any long term or short term assignment to another equivalent technical function such as Workshop Coordinator, Maintenance Engineer, Utilities Engineer as required by the company.
- Engineering Degree from a reputable institution or University.
- Excellent skills regarding the use of PC applications such as word, excel and Power Point.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an industrial sector, dealing with the maintenance of process equipment (pumps, electrical motors, conveyors, mixers), and the maintenance & operation of Electrical distribution systems (High Tension and Low tension).
- High understanding and knowledge of safety procedures and its link with the machine operations.
- Good report writing knowledge.
- Good team player.
- Experience with SAP would be an advantage.
- Aged between 30 – 35 years.
The function is a staff function.
The area of activities will or can be over the company site with visits to the Enugu plant from time to time.
Work during weekends and nights can happen in function of eventual machine problems, maintenance and/or project activities.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538724 to apply for this job .