- We are looking for an experienced Project Manager (Construction Industry) to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish.
- An excellent Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
- You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
Qualifications / Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 4-5 Years’ Experience in the same role.
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
Skills / Knowledge:
- Analytical Skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of construction Industry Procurement activities and processes
- Drafting of relevant operational documents to process projects
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Communication abilities
- High level of financial responsibilities
- Superior management and delegation capabilities
- Understanding of building project cost and calculation spreadsheets, research on projects, materials, suppliers, and key characters in Industry.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538617 to apply for this job .