BW Offshore is seeking candidates for the position of Engineer Electrical. The position will support the electrical engineering requirements on BW Offshore's FPSO Life extension projects in Nigeria and render technical support to other internal activities.
In line with NOGICDA (2010) requirements, this position is open to Nigerian Nationals only.
Duration: 12 months
- Participate in all phases of FPSO Life extension projects from scope definition, engineering solutions, procurement technical assistance, construction, commissioning to completion
- Participate in designing the FPSO, including:
- Perform pre- and detailed engineering for electrical systems
- Prepare electrical documentation, including philosophies, specifications, data sheets, technical requisitions etc.
- Prepare electrical calculations and studies, including power systems analysis and protection co-ordination
- Provide input to electrical drawings, including single lines, block diagrams, termination diagrams etc.
- Ensure the design meets regulatory, class, client and corporate requirements
- Develop material take-off and cost input for Electrical discipline
- Provide input to electrical databases, including cable schedule and electrical equipment list
- Participate in and actively contribute to Electrical discipline activities and provide input to develop and maintain company engineering standards and best practices within the field
- Coordinate, plan and schedule Electrical activities to ensure a logical sequence and timely preparation, review, and revision of all related documents
- Actively contribute to the development of relevant RFQ’s for module yards, integration yards, newbuild shipyards and equipment packages and prepare technical bid evaluations (input)
- Follow-up with design development, construction and testing activities
- Review vendor documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines to achieve optimal design results including relevant input and comments to other discipline deliveries
- Work closely with and actively support supply chain, estimation, planning, and other project teams · Provide technical clarifications towards clients, sub-suppliers, class and yard
- Support Technical Maintenance & Support team, Operation Managers and offshore units as and when required, including visiting Units in operation as needed for technical support and troubleshooting
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; a Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Ideally 7 to 10 years of relevant experience within the shipping and offshore industry
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience within the FPSO industry
- Team player with the ability to lead
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
- Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
- Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast paced project environment
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on time
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/multinational environment
- Understand the various engineering disciplines and their interaction
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on board Units
- The position and friendly working environment
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538598 to apply for this job .