A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
To assist the Finance Manager in managing and processing various accounting and financial transactions
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage petty cash transactions as well as reconcile and resolve discrepancies that may come up in petty cash transactions;
- Prepare cash and cheque requisition;
- Prepare payment vouchers and transfer instructions;
- Prepare daily float and cash report;
- Correctly allocate payments according to transaction scope;
- Raise invoices in line with “contracts, Term of references or Services Order;
- Prepare daily and month end account reconciliation;
- Raise Journal voucher and allocate all for payments received;
- Process tax payments and other statutory remittances;
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Bill Tracking and billing inputs: Update Invoice database regularly to reflect invoices that have been cleared;
- Prepare monthly statement of account and prepare billing input for clients
- Process and prepare all necessary documentation for checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts;
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices;
- Review and adhere to department budgets;
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct;
- Collate necessary payroll information and prepare monthly payroll payments for employees;
- Assist the finance manager in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company's or organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Ensure accurate billing on ERP as per purchase order and company policy requirement.
Experience and qualification
- 1-2 years work experience particularly as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (particularly sage or QuickBooks)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
How to Apply
Send application with updated resume by email
The subject of the email must read “Finance Assistant” Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538570 to apply for this job .