- Innovative approach to the analysis of information to drive solutions that provide real business value and provide MTNN a competitive advantage
- Configure, build, and test application or technical architecture components.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Assist in developing maintenance plans per application and carry out the maintenance of applications, re-configuring, building and testing components in accordance with OLAs and SLAs.
- Code applications in accordance with good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Create and execute technical test plans for application change, new deployment, and upgrades.
- Participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the testers.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Develop information solutions from a variety of sources for both structured and unstructured data
- Integration of big data solutions with existing reporting and analytical solutions
- Support team and enhancement to ETL system
- Develop and implement big data models and solutions
- Conduct root cause analysis on production issues
- Guidance of entire information management process of both structured and unstructured data
- Optimization of the information solutions
- Producing relevant technical documentation and specifications
- Ensure timely resolution of internal/external customers
- Inform the technical architect and project manager of any issues that may affect other areas of the project.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s Vital Behavior and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience as a software developer
- Application development and support experience in the Telecommunications sector:
- Oracle PL/SQL and standard SQL.
- Java/Web development
- Operating system programming (UNIX Scripting).
- Wireless application development using Java, WML, S@TML, STKML, SMPP protocol
- Exposure to typical Mobile Telecommunications applications:
- Billing systems (Corporate & Retail Billing, Interconnect Billing)
- ERP systems (Distribution, Retail, Finance, Payroll, HR, Asset Management)
- SIM & Mobile Applications ( EVD, Contents Management System, SIM management Application)
- GSM network interfacing applications (Provisioning, Pre-Paid management systems)
- Fraud Management Applications
- Value Added Services(VAS) Applications
- Formal training in application architecture principles, technology architecture and systems integration
- Specific training on application development tools and programming languages
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538509 to apply for this job .