The Human Resource and Administration Manager is the strategic HR business partner for the Senior Management Team and reports directly to Finance and Administration Director. The HR & Admin Manager’s job is to implement HR programs and policies and to manage every aspect of employee development and relations.
The main responsibility of this position is to manage recruiting and staffing, performance management, training benefits and compensation administration, organizational development, employee counseling services, administrative support to the program.
- Developing an employee-oriented organization culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, teamwork, high performance, and quality.
- Developing and monitoring the HR strategy for the country, while ensuring its alignment to the country’s strategy.
- Ensuring organization conformity with applicable HR practice related to regulations and statutes as well as organizational procedures and policies.
- Ensuring compliance with Nigerian laws as well as with all IMC compliance and due diligence requirements in the field of Human Resources and Administration
- Implementing HR programs and policies as needed by the organization.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations, employee morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
- Ensuring smooth onboarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards, performance evaluations, and other required processes are implemented on time and to high quality.
- Developing staffing strategies and implementing HR, Admin and IT programs and plans. Identifying and cultivating effective and appropriate sources for employees for all levels, including forwarding planning for staff development and succession planning.
- Creating employee training and organizational development programs.
- Coordinating performance reviews and management with managers and monitoring employee attitudes, productivity, and performance outcomes.
- Managing the human resource information management system and payroll system and providing staff and managers with the essential reports to support decision making and management.
- Managing employee development and retention.
- Developing compensation plans and providing administrative support for employee welfare.
- Ensuring that every aspect of human resource management incorporates the vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Managing the risk management work functions and assisting in developing a healthy and safety programs for staff.
- Directly supervise Senior HR & Admin Officers, HR and Admin Officers and HR and Admin Assistants
- Contributing to the creation of a positive work environment with a positive image and overall credibility of the organization notably through the code of conduct, ethics, values, and stand-point with regards to internal and external actors.
- Participating as a senior management team member in country management meetings.
- Ensuring that administrative procedures are continually updated and implemented to high quality
- Maintain expatriate legal status for expatriates visiting Nigeria - work permits, visas and passes
- Facilitation of international staff movement - travel and accommodation
Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant degrees from an accredited university and with at least 5 years’ experience in similar roles, preferably with a non-government organization.
Affiliation to an HR professional body and a professional HR qualification is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop HR programs and policies based on business new requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience in managing a workforce of over 200 staff.
- Solid problem-solving, decision making and business acumen skills.
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Proactive in championing HR matters
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538468 to apply for this job .