A firm in the education sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Qualification and Experience:
The ideal candidate should possess A minimum of first degree or equivalent in Accounting with over 7 years’ Accounts Payable experience.
The Ideal candidate must:
Be a good communicator
Be able to work with minimal supervision.
Have a good ERP experience and
Have an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Receives and records all invoices and payment requests, and log on to the database for tracking.
- Reviews invoices/payment requests to ensure that these are legitimate, agrees with contracts/ Purchase order and confirms that goods/services have been received by the company.
- Maintains copies of approved contracts and Purchase Orders for review against invoices.
- Accurately code invoices to relevant Cost Centre/Accounts, and obtain approvals for all invoices prior to payment processing.
- Ensures that all AP/payment transactions are correctly recorded in the accounting system for the periods that they relate, and follow up with the Management Accountant to accrual all unpaid invoices.
- Ensures that all payment instruments (eg cash, cheque booklets etc.) are safely stored and used only for the approved business of the Organization.
- Ensures that the VAT, WHT rules are implemented for all payments made to 3rd parties.
- Ensures that all remittances of indirect taxes to the Federal Inland Revenue Service and Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue are complete and to time.
- Ensures that all AP/payment documents are systematically filed for ease of retrieval for at least 7 years.
- Ensure that adequate control procedures exist for the disbursement of company funds.
- Implement a process that ensures that only authorized persons from the vendors collect payment instruments and tax receipts from the Organization
- Any other assignment from either the Finance Manager or The GM Finance.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538300 to apply for this job .