A new resort hotel in Epe, Lagos State, under the management of a hospitality group, is looking for employees who are:
Very friendly & social
Speak English and one native language
Open to correction and learning
Hands-on and have a can-do approach
Mature and calm under pressure
Responsible and respectful
Overview of duties
Performs guest safety and recreational work supervising, swimming and enforcing regulations at the resort pool, as well as providing for guests' comfort. An essential responsibility of this role includes ensuring cleanliness, setting-up and safety of all areas and facilities and attend to all guests needs within the resort pool area, as per the safety guidelines of the resort.
- Observes and patrols pool and enforces safety regulations.
- Assists swimmers from water when in danger.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the resort's brand standards.
- Greet all guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance with seating, and delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing all other supporting services.
- Knowledgeable of pool facility such as length and depth of all pool, how many laps it takes to make complete a mile in meters and feet etc.
- Pool hours of operation, location of facilities, and emergency procedure for rescue. Ensuring the locking and unlocking of the pool area daily between operating times (with someone competently assigned to do so when
- Knowledgeable of resort facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Willing to take ownership of all guest requests and complaints, try to resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
- Identify and report defects throughout the pool area, notify supervisors and concerned departments immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Ensure the swimming pool area is clean at all times and report any maintenance issues to the maintenance department.
- Ensure the pool deck is swept and watered down and that all furniture is in the correct place, when setting up in the morning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of resuscitation, first aide, and CPR/PR techniques.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
- Knowledge of swimming pool equipment sufficient to be able to perform minor maintenance work on the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels and cleaning signs.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent pool safety programs, training, and documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Work closely with other departments that are essential to ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to company policies, legal requirements.
Reports to the Facilities Supervisor
Education / Professional experience
- Senior School Certificate degree, certification in water safety management preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in pool safety field.
- First Aid certified.
- Must be able to swim.
- Fluent in English, a 2nd language would be a plus.
Skills / Qualities
- Good communicator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well organised, methodical and an active fit individual.
- Leadership / good at networking internally and externally.
A good salary and benefits in a conducive work environment, with training and personal development can be yours if you are ready to take on responsibility to fill this position
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538236 to apply for this job .