A new resort hotel in Epe, Lagos State, under the management of a hospitality group, is looking for employees who are:
- Very friendly & social
- Speak English and one native language
- Open to correction and learning
- Hands-on and have a can-do approach
- Mature and calm under pressure
- Responsible and respectful
Overview of duties
Oversee the daily operations of the Safety and Security of the resort and to ensure the day to day completion of the department’s annual goals and objectives.
- Manage the timely resolution and handling of associate complaints, incidents, resort policies and procedures, safety hazards, and overall compliance as it relates to resort Safety & Security.
- Direct and delegate various security guard work assignments.
- Ensure incident reports are completed and investigations are promptly resolved.
- Regularly evaluate the quality of security guards daily work and efficiency, including; incident reports, daily
- activity logs, key records, and various investigations.
- Conduct on-going training of new and existing security guards and employees throughout the resort.
- Follow up on, communicate, and resolve all Guest and employee saftey and security issues in a timely
- Co-manage the Injury & Illness Prevention - Safety Program.
- Discuss with employees injury prevention processes and procedures.
- Coordinate accident investigations internally and with insurance investigators.
- Collaborate with Resort Manager to ensure day to day and yearly departmental safety/compliance goals are achieved.
- Chair a Safety Committee. This includes having a full understanding of meeting minutes, monthly safety training, and job safety analysis training records and injury follow ups are complete throughout the resort.
- Oversee and draft injury, missing property, damage claim, and criminal activity reports.
- Responsible for managing and evaluating day to day security officer job performance and required disciplinary action.
- Ensure all security equipment needs/supplies are purchased and maintained accordingly.
Reports to the Resort Manager
Education / Professional experience
- Senior School Certificate to degree, vocational diploma in security management preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in safety and security assurance field.
- First Aid certified.
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
- Fluent in English and a 2nd language.
Skills / Qualities
- Good communicator
- Competent team manager and innovator, interested in new technologies
- Well organised and methodical
- Leadership / good at networking internally and externally.
A good salary and benefits in a conducive work environment, with training and personal development can be yours if you are ready to take on responsibility to fill this position
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/538225 to apply for this job .