Axiom Learning Solutions Limited seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reporting To Head HR & Business Operations
Monday - Friday
Hours of Work
8:00 A M To 5 P M
To oversee the management, recording of all accounting and financial transactions on a day to day basis. The role will also require treasury and cash management activities to support the various management needs.
The analyst should have a good understanding of budgets at project level and be able to support the development of financial tenders on behalf of the company.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- The role would be accountable for all policies and procedures for the accurate, consistent recording and reporting of all financial matters including budgeting, external financial reporting, internal financial reporting, project cost accounting, project and operational performance analysis and periodic reports to the Head HR & Business operations and the Board of Directors.
- Support project activities by establishing guidelines for capital funds utilisation and solicitation plus monitoring use of fund/balances, forecasting funds availability, advising on grant/loan usage decisions, and providing project bridge financing/advice to Directors and project staff.
- Handle expense management/management accounting for the business and also support the learning team in carrying out financial bids as part of the regular bidding process on behalf of the company.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company budget is appropriately monitored and that all reports are produced in a timely and efficient manner to the Head HR and Directors within agreed timelines.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes and ensuring all financial regulations are adhered to
- Assist in the migration from a manual based accounting to a robust system based accounting.
- Tax and VAT Administration
- Management monthly accounting and reporting
- Cash-flow forecasting
- Provide liaison and support to the Board's Finance and Audit Committees
- Make financial presentations at board meetings
- Handle the annual budgeting exercise ensuring that the Departments work programme is appropriately supported by adequate budgetary provision.
- Manage the procurement system in line with the approved company policy on procurement, proactively review all procurement issues to ensure proper accounting, expense management etc are performed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Ensure that all budget and procurement reports/contributions requested by the HR office and/or concerned departments are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all contract payments are met in a timely manner
- Perform any other additional duties as may be assigned.
- Critical thinking
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Negotiation skills
- Stress tolerance
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years accounting post qualification experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or Masters in finance, business administration, accounting or statistics.
- Chartered Accountant (ICAN, ACCA certified)
- Relevant training certifications will be helpful.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel) and ability to learn quickly and use any accounting package
- Knowledge of IFRS and accounting for non-profit organizations would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of writing reports
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/537261 to apply for this job .