A firm in the ICT sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Department: Technical (Infrastructure)
Reporting Line: Head of Network & Infrastructure Job Grade Level:
The Infrastructure Team Leader is a technical team leader for the Infrastructure team and a project manager.
You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the data center Infrastructure team and overall operations of Infrastructure unit to ensure the stable operation of client’s IT infrastructure. This includes implementing, developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly data center infrastructure. The Infrastructure Team Lead will also schedule and direct activities to resolve system hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion while carrying out presales activities with the sales team. You will be leading a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available data center architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customer
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding when issues occur
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture
- Configure and install various types of server and storage hardware; server and client operating systems, and various third parties’ server and client application software’s
- Perform infrastructure maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure data centre system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximizing data center by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with architects on network optimization
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading
- professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Reporting data center infrastructure operational status by gathering and prioritizing
- information and managing projects
- Deliver Proof of Concepts(POC), Product presentations and demonstrations
- Support with technical qualification of sales opportunities
- Collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Provide answers to (technical) questions in a Request for Information(RFI) or a Request for Proposal(RFP)
- Support the Head of Infrastructure in preparing and implementing annual work and resource plans; support their applicability within the overall company strategy
- Recognize and actively seek ways to exploit IT to address complex business, organizational and technical issues
- Provide own team with a clear direction; delegate work and motivate staff
- Provide Professional network security knowledge; participate in proposing and developing network security solutions
- Implement appropriate procedural and technical access control mechanisms; participate in security incident management, security assessments, and vulnerability testing and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring the availability, performance, and security of network services within agreed service levels; lead the development of procedures and standards for IT network security operations
- Plan, monitor and control projects using the either PMBOK/PRINCE2 methodology
- Investigate and resolve problems for services within your own area of responsibility; delegate to team members as appropriate, following ITIL processes; manage major network-related incidents and bring them to a satisfactory closure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor and management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good at problem-solving; Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues, and solutions
- Good at organizing and multitasking and prioritize under pressure, while making sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Able to explain technical problems in a simple term
- Work well with people and Willingness to travel
- A dedication to continually update knowledge
- Deep Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL Server
- Virtualization knowledge and experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware, Citrix Xen App and NetScaler.
- Experience working with servers and storage
- Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging.
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of your employer's business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands
- To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technically trained
- Skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution.
- Ability to translate technical and business requirements into cost-efficient solutions
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, providing clear direction, motivating staff, managing their performance appropriately and fairly, and dealing with possible conflicts.
- Comptia A+, MCSE, VCAP or higher, ITIL, PMP
- Deep understanding of Server Operating Systems and OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, good analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Good attention to detail, testing, and documentation
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/537176 to apply for this job .