A firm in the ICT sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Department: Technical (Application) Reporting Line: Head of Application
The Applications Team Leader is a technical team leader of the Software Application Development team, and a project manager.
You will be responsible for research into new solutions, Project feasibility, Analysis and planning, organizing, and managing the overall operations of Software Application Development unit to ensure the stable operation of client’s Software Applications. This includes implementing, developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly Software applications development. The Applications Team Lead will also schedule and direct activities to resolve issues in a timely and accurate fashion while carrying out presales activities with the sales team. You’ll get the chance to interface with customers, create new products and web and mobile applications, and improve on existing systems and code. The products that you build will touch thousands of users across the globe. You will work closely with other developers, QA and support engineers to make following good software engineering practices easier, more efficient and more fun. You will be leading a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available enterprise architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs
- Define and implement components for the next generation global e-Commerce Platform.
- Design and implement various application system components in the massively scalable, high performance platform.
- Work with the architecture, engineering management, business and product management teams.
- Interface with the product management team to help define the platform’s roadmap Collaborate with the business team to identify issues of concern to provide better services. Communicate effectively with stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Draw upon knowledge and experience in Java technologies and Web based systems.
- Participate in technical design review meetings.
- Lead technical initiatives with complex interdependencies which are high impact to the department or the company.
- Responsible for the team deliverables in order to meet project deadlines
- Serve as a decision maker for technical project issues and be the point person for escalations.
- Act as the domain expert of the application/system
- Responsible for application/system dependencies and deliverables, and developing effective monitors for the responsible systems.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customer
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding when issues occur
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Liaising with project management teams, third-line engineers
- Speaking with customers via email and phone for initial requirement capture
- Requirement gathering, system analysis and design of system specification
- Perform application and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Training of users on the use of any developed or deployed applications
- Writing of user manual, operating manual and technical documentation for any developed systems
- Design and development of database MSSQL server2005 -2015, oracle and MySQL
- Development of new systems using object oriented programming
- Functional testing, system testing and user acceptance testing for any implemented projects.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organization.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Deliver Proof of Concepts(POC), Product presentations and demonstrations
- Support with technical qualification of sales opportunities
- Collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Provide answers to (technical) questions in a Request for Information(RFI) or a Request for Proposal(RFP)
- Support the Head of Application in preparing and implementing annual work and resource plans; support their applicability within the overall company strategy
- Recognize and actively seek ways to exploit IT to address complex business, organizational and technical issues
- Provide own team with a clear direction; delegate work and motivate staff
- Implement appropriate procedural and technical access control mechanisms; participate in security incident management, security assessments, and vulnerability testing and make recommendations for corrective actions
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring the availability, performance and security of
- Applications within agreed service levels; lead the development of procedures and standards for IT network security operations
- Plan, monitor and control projects using the either PMBOK/PRINCE2 methodology
- Investigate and resolve problems for services within your own area of responsibility; delegate to team members as appropriate, following ITIL processes; manage major application-related incidents and bring them to a satisfactory closure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor and management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good at problem-solving; Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues, and solutions
- Good at organizing and multitasking and prioritize under pressure, while making sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Able to explain technical problems in a simple term
- Work well with people and Willingness to travel
- A dedication to continually update knowledge
- A strong technical background with hands-on experience in designing, developing, and implementing software application
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of your employer's business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands
- To recognize the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technically trained
- Skill to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution.
- Ability to translate technical and business requirements into cost-efficient solutions
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, providing clear direction, motivating staff, managing their performance appropriately and fairly, and dealing with possible conflicts.
- Experience developing web applications including Microsoft .NET technologies
- Experience architecting and designing n-tier, data driven applications
- Hands-on experience with C# and ASP.NET (MVC preferred)
- Hands-on understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Basic experience in developing SharePoint and other Microsoft solutions
- Experience working with COBOL, JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc.
- Unix experience is highly important
- OCP or higher, JAVA, ITIL, PMP
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/537174 to apply for this job .