INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Location: Ngala- Borno State - with travel to Maiduguri.
Starting date: ASAP
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: 5 months
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Project Manager and the Field Coordinator, the Logistic Officer is responsible for the
day to day supervision of the construction activities in the field:
- Take part in the identification of the sites where work is to be carried out
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Supervise the construction works for the boreholes and the water facilities
- Train the workforce (carpenters, mason, …) and daily workers.
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the Project Manager
- Control the quality/quantity of the materials arriving in the construction sites
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates and follow the recommendation of the
- Project Manager
- Control the quality of the implementation
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues of the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part to the sector Cluster meetings in the field
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- University degree in Logistics, Construction or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in implementing construction activities
- Excellent ability to lead a team, work in a team and to mediate
- Ability to work under pressure and emergency
- Good knowledge of technical drawings
- Multi-tasking, coordination, organization, prioritization skills essential. Demonstrated strengths in
- analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge of report writing
- Highly-developed computers skills, with strong familiarity with MS Office, Power point, Outlook,
- Excel, Word, and infrastructure design software
Prior experience working for humanitarian agencies
Knowledge of the operational area (Gamboru, Ngala)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536931 to apply for this job .