A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Duration: 6 months
To ensure safety of commissioning activities on yard and on site, by performing activities in respect with Company standing instruction and Work Permit instructions.
To ensure that the work identified in the work permit is performed according to company specification.
- Performs on site the commissioning operations (test and check sheets ) which are placed under his responsibility.
- Ensures that the COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits)
- Witnessing of contractor pre-commissioning activities as defined by the supervisor.
- Raise and clear punch List items.
- Report any non-conformity to the discipline Supervisor
- Reporting and progress follow up
- Report daily activities to the supervisor
- Experience: 1-3 years in the position
- Mandatory Competencies: English / Electrical testing/ Electrical troubleshooting
- Recommended Competencies: Commissioning
- Petroleum: Have a basic understanding of facilities/process (from well to export) Be knowledgeable of hydrocarbons behaviour and associated risks (explosion, asphyxia…).
- Computer: Be able to produce a report using Microsoft Word; be able to perform simple calculation with Microsoft Excel. Have been introduced to the use of the internet and e-mails.
- Physics: Understanding and use of basic laws and units of physic (resistance, inductance, DC & AC current and voltage, frequency, active and reactive power). Be able to differentiate low and high voltages.
- Be able to read and use drawings (single line and schematic diagrams), vendor documents, nameplate. Be knowledgeable of electrical symbols.
- Possess notions on cable sizing and voltage dropping.
- Be able familiar with a general facilities electrical network philosophy: main generation, emergency generator, switchboard, and UPS.
- Have a basic understanding of inter-tripping and interlocking action, load shedding and load sharing modes
- Understand working principle of main electrical equipment: voltage & current transformers, electrical motor, alternator, feeder, UPS, battery, speed inverter soft starter and gradator, HV/LV switchboard, lighting and heat tracing panel
- Understand principles and know the different systems of earthing (IT, TT, TN and DC unearthed system).
- Have a basic knowledge of working principle of a PLC. Logic diagram with module: AND/OR, NAND/NOR, clock, delay, latch, memory, microprocessor... Understand inhibit, alarm and trip concepts.
- Understand the principle of electrical protection: short circuit, over load, earth fault, reverse power, transformer, alternator and motor specific protections.
- Be knowledgeable on explosion-proof material and associated requirements.
- Be able to identify all cubicles and their equipment. Understand interlocking systems in between cubicles. Practical skills
- Know how to select and use the available and necessary hand tools for electrician (including special insulated tools).
- Correct use and handling of multimeters, clip-on ammeters, Ohmmeter, earth tester (megger), earth leakage kit and recorder
- Minimum Qualification: Technician
- Education Level: High school or Higher National Diploma or Certificate
- (HND/HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study),
- Years of Experience : 3
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536754 to apply for this job .