Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
Our client, is a Global Package Service Company. Due to internal vacancies, they are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Logistics and Distribution Manager
Job Department: Business Development - Logistics and Distribution Sales
- The Logistics and distribution managers shall be responsible for organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- In this role he/she will ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Incumbent shall also be involve in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordination of products
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Job Specific Competencies
Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge:
- Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit;
- Demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the company's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions across multiple business units; develops strategies for cross-portfolio selling opportunities; applies knowledge of the operations and markets served by multiple business units and relevant business cycles such as seasonal trends; adapts explanations of the company's products, services, and/or customer facing technology solutions to varying situations, audiences, or customers.
Assesses Business Needs:
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Monitors the business need to identify any changes; breaks the business down into smaller components to better prioritize where attention should be focused; identifies related business needs; knowledgeable about what information to look at to make an assessment; demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business’ long-term needs; creates solutions designed to fit current and future needs.
- Tracks expenditures against financial targets; describes impact of area’s budget on organizational financial plan.
- Creates new budgets; identifies and takes corrective actions to bring areas in line with budget; appropriately allocates available funds.
Supply Chain Management:
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of supply chain concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain problems.
- Maintains strategic relationships with vendor leadership; reviews and selects vendors for contracts; creates vendor contracts; identifies and resolves vendor or contract issues; recommends changes to the procurement process.
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Develops plans that balance details and the “big picture”; adapts the level of detail required for a given audience and the purpose; completes work with thoroughness; maintains records and information in an organized manner; audits available information for inconsistencies; maintains documentation that support the completion of work and retention of details/decisions.
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects as well as basic programs;
- Defines most of the initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations on best way to fulfill the project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics;
- Overcomes basic organizational resistance to cross-functional demands; demonstrates ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and remains current on project management practices and tools.
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for the most complex and longer duration projects and programs;
- Defines initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations and facilitates fulfillment of all project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics;
- Overcomes complex organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; considered an expert in the discipline of project management and remains current on advanced project management practices and tools.
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries.
- Able to design new report generation processes; identifies emerging trends that impact information retrieval and reporting;
- Develops standards for report generation, maintenance, and distribution; writes highly complex queries to generate ad- hoc, customized reports; creates templates for standardized report creation; writes macros to automate queries.
Solicits and Gathers Information:
- Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience;
- Chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas.
- Uses multiple information gathering techniques to gain cooperation from sources initially unwilling to provide information; varies methods of information gathering as unexpected events occur or unanticipated information is uncovered; interprets no-verbal cues that may be inhibiting information gathering;
- Establishes procedures or methods for gathering and soliciting information.
- A Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain or any relevant course.
- 8 - 10 years work experience is required.
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Language Proficiency: English language speaking and writing proficiency is required.
- In-depth knowledge of sales principles, concepts, and practices, especially as they relate to the courier industry in Nigeria is required.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536237 to apply for this job .