Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an in depth analysis of the dynamics in the area in which MSF is operating
- Develop relationships with key actors through the regular sharing of information about MSF activities
- Alongside the Project Coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or negotiations with political, military and civil society actors.
- Develop an in depth analysis of the social and political dynamics in the area in which MSF is operating
- Report on security incidents in the area of MSF operations
- Cross check rumors about possible security threats or incidents
- Exchange analysis of the context and networks with Country Analyst
- Advise the Field Coordinator on security risks and mitigation measures
- Analyze the way in which MSF is perceived in the community and make recommendations to address any misperceptions.
- Support the field coordinator in preparing contacts for exploratory missions
- Brief new staff on the context
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners
- Execute clerk-related activities
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
- File and update field contacts and correspondence
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Essential: University degree
- Experience Desirable: Three years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable: Previous work experience in the field of journalism, advocacy, diplomacy or security management
- Languages Essential: Written and spoken English and Igbo
- Knowledge Essential: Computer literacy (word, excel)
- Desirable: Existing network of contacts in Anambra state and at federal level
- Essential: Good understanding of local social, political and security context
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Commitment to MSF principles (neutrality, impartiality, medical ethics)
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Analytical skills (gathering, processing and understanding information)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536232 to apply for this job .