Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- In partnership with IRC, Creative Associates intends to implement a twenty-month project under the Education in Emergencies (EiE) component of DFID’s North-East Nigeria Transition to Development Program (NENTAD) that aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in northeast Nigeria.
- The EiE project will reach more than 100,000 children and adolescents in Borno and Yobe states with quality formal and non-formal education services, including literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional skills
- The Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead provides technical guidance to the project’s support to improved literacy and numeracy instruction.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Senior Consortium Coordinator.
- The Literacy and Numeracy Technical Lead will provide direct technical support to Education Officers.
- Work in collaboration with the technical team to lead the implementation of project activities to improve student literacy and numeracy competencies
- Provide expert guidance in the development of curriculum and materials related to the improvement of literacy and numeracy
- Conduct regular visits to non-formal learning centers and formal schools (tutoring program) to monitor issues, support implementation strategies and monitor progress towards improved learning outcomes
- Provide guidance and expertise to parental, community and government stakeholders in the development of literacy and numeracy improvement plans
- Provide technical support to LGA officials, CSO staff and Community collation members
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field
- Prior teaching experience in elementary or secondary schools
- At least two years of experience in the implementation of literacy or numeracy programs
- Experience training teachers on teaching literacy and numeracy
- Knowledge of current trends and research in literacy and numeracy and options for program development and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work in culturally diverse community settings
- Professional proficiency in English
- Ability to travel to Yobe state for extended periods
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536119 to apply for this job .