FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
At FHI, our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology.
We at FHI create a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges in Nigeria and the world at large.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories and we are currently seeking qualified candidates for this position which would help us move forward in our journey towards a better place to live in.
Are you willing to work in an environment that gives you the ability to learn more?
If you think you willing to benefit from this, then you don’t need to look any further. Just apply for this job ASAP.
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The ATO-Protection will provide psychosocial support activities at one of three field sites’ health facilities and safe spaces.
- Under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator, she will manage all activities related to SGBV/PSS at their assigned field site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for SGBV psychosocial support activities to support social cohesion at field site.
- Manage and mentor case workers on GBV case management.
- Provide supportive supervision to community volunteers to monitor the applications of their training knowledge.
- Coordinate with a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and access to survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals.
- Facilitate group PSS activities at safe spaces and in the community.
- Conduct quarterly activity review sessions with beneficiaries to identify what activities are working and what activities need to be improved.
- Serves as organizational liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
- Oversees all aspects of Protection at assigned field site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in SGBV/PSS or a similar degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536114 to apply for this job .