FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
At FHI, our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology.
We at FHI create a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges in Nigeria and the world at large.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories and we are currently seeking qualified candidates for this position which would help us move forward in our journey towards a better place to live in.
Are you willing to work in an environment that gives you the ability to learn more?
If you think you willing to benefit from this, then you don’t need to look any further. Just apply for this job ASAP.
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The Senior Field Program Officer as member of the Program Management Team, S/He will support the Field Coordinator in providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of all project activities in the assigned field, will also ensure all reports (program narrative, M&E datasheets, financials) as captured in the grant agreement are submitted on time by the field office. and facilitates review and timely submission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support day to day planning and implementation of program activities at field level
- Collates and Compile program reports
- Provide day to day managerial support to program teams
- Liaise/represent FHI360 in LGA sector working group
- Acts as interface between field program teams and sector coordinators
- Work to support finance, logistics, Human resource, etc to ensure program field received the necessary support.
- Directly supervises Health, Protection WASH staff at field level.
- Support field coordinator in reviewing final project reports, and negotiates revisions and/or additional report requirements;
- Support field coordinator in project evaluations; project completion reports and Coordinate input for work plans and progress reports
- Identify needs and develop scopes of work for short-term technical assistance.
- Monitor compliance with USAID/OFDA regulations and About policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A B.S/B.A Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience with humanitarian programs.
- Or M.S/M.A/MPH or its equivalent with 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience with humanitarian programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health, protection and WASH humanitarian programs in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/536111 to apply for this job .