African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093731
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Infrastructure and Urban Development Department is to foster advancement of infrastructure and cities in Africa by detailed development of appropriate interventions which the Bank might finance on a regional, national or a continent-wide basis.
- The Chief aviation and air transport Officer is responsible for the Bank's vision for aviation and air transport infrastructure and Services, and its future prospective areas of intervention in the sector.
The purpose of the position as follows:
- To act as the Bank's principal expert on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services.
- To strengthen and maintain the Bank’s understanding of the Transport and Logistics sector and its role in the development of the continent.
- To advise on future investments in the sector by the Bank and its regional member countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Chief aviation and air transport Officer will perform the following duties:
Aviation and Air Transport Infrastructure and Services Strategy:
- Devise, maintain and revise the Aviation & Air Transport infrastructure and Services Strategy of the Bank in consultation with internal stakeholders and taking account of long-term trends in Transport & Logistics and the development of the continent.
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of the strategy through communication and advise to all relevant stakeholders in the Bank, particularly operations functions, and define a monitoring framework.
- Identify and develop any necessary policies to underpin the strategy.
- Consult as necessary with external partners and Regional and non-Regional Member Countries on the form and efficacy of the strategy.
Aviation and Air Transport infrastructure and Services Knowledge:
- Manage a team to develop and maintain the Bank's expertise on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services to support the development goals of the Bank and the continent.
- Devise the Bank's contribution to key aviation and air transport infrastructure and services development themes.
- Coordinate and work alongside key partners, such as other Multilateral Development Banks and the World Economic Forum to design aviation and air transport infrastructure and services -based programs and solutions for the economic and social infrastructure development of Africa.
- Publish major studies and reports on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services for development, taking into account the comparative advantage that the Bank can bring to bear to any specific subject or theme. Convene associated workshops and media events to solidify the learning across Africa.
- Develop and maintain, in collaboration with partners, a detailed database of statistics and economic models relating to aviation and air Transport infrastructure and services, both African and global in nature, to support proper analysis of the impact of the sector for development and the relative state of aviation and air transport infrastructure and services in Africa.
Aviation and Air Transport Infrastructure and Services Advice:
- Act as a focal point for advice to Regional Member Countries on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services issues.
- Represent the Bank at global, regional and national conferences and workshops on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services.
- Provide cutting edge advice on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services investments to foster public and private partnerships and the use of all the Bank's financing instruments.
- Provide direct support to aviation and air transport infrastructure and services operations staff in the field, particularly in order to improve the impact and the financial and economic analysis of projects.
- Advise operational staff on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services trends and the consequences they have for future project development and design.
- Identify appropriate aviation and air transport infrastructure and services training for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage a team of consultants on aviation and air transport infrastructure and services to meet demanding Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop and safeguard the Bank's brand as a source of aviation and air transport infrastructure and services knowledge for Africa by detailing the quality of output expected from the division and ensuring that it is attained.
- Manage the administrative budget for the division.
- Mobilize resources from donors to support the work of the division.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master's Degree or its equivalent in Civil Engineering, Transport Engineering, Aviation & Air Engineering, Transport Planning, Transport Economics, Transport Logistics, or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in Multi-lateral Financial Institutions, with proven experience in developing countries.
- Ideally, will have public and/or private sector experience in Aviation & Air Transport infrastructure and Services.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Planning and organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self and others in order to accomplish objectives; determines priorities and allocates resources effectively.
- Client orientation: Ensures that the client is considered to be of primary importance in all transactions and interactions. Strives to understand, and when appropriate, anticipate client needs, and ensures that the client receives the best possible service from the Bank.
- Communication: Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience.
- Highly developed technical and strategic knowledge of Aviation & Air Transport infrastructure and Services.
- Good knowledge of financing instruments and options.
- An ability to make sense of complexity and to express this simply both in writing and orally.
- Effective consultation and advisory skills to ensure relevancy.
- Ability to lead a team of specialists and to take forward projects, often in collaboration with other partners.
- Attention to detail to create quality output and to set standards for the team.
- Mentoring to develop skills within the team and to improve the quality of output and outcomes.
- Budget management.
- Objective setting and staff evaluation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and preferably SAP.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/535540 to apply for this job .