The Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) is co-funded by the European Union and the German Government and implemented jointly by Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It aims at enabling and fostering investments in a domestic market for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and improve access to electricity in Nigeria.
As part of the programme and in close collaboration with its public and private partners, the unit on market development, standards and services aim at strengthening the quality delivery and control mechanisms to enhance an enabling market environment for the application of and investments in RE and EE. This will include activities with the Federal Ministry of Power Works and Housing, and potentially State Governments and agencies such as development control, associations representing builders/ architects/ planners as well as private sector participants. Concrete partner MDAs and activities will be established with FMPWH as part of the programme steering based on sector stakeholder analysis.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Market Development, Standards and Services Unit, the Energy Management Advisor will:
- Support the roll-out of ISO 50001 and implementation of efficiency measures in industries;
- Support associations in advising members on standards in RE/ EE including efficiency;
The following tasks, but not exhaustive tasks will be performed:
- Support the roll-out of ISO 50001 and implementation of efficiency measures in industries
- Support Government on measures promoting the implementation of a national framework for energy efficiency in industries
- Identify data needs to establish energy management support mechanisms
- Raise awareness on energy managements standards in industries and industrial associations
- Support the implementation of energy audit projects in the industrial sub-sector
- Support the identification of energy key performance indicators (KPIs) in industrial sub-sectors, and determine energy intensity;
- Ensure Benchmarking and best practices;
- Develop financial solutions for a scalable implementation of efficiency measures in industries
- Advise in the identification and implementation of international best practices on energy efficiency in the Industrial sector
- Support associations in advising members on standards in RE/ EE including efficiency
- Support relevant industry/ manufacturing associations with regards to energy efficiency/ standards enforcement
- Establish needs of associations in order to promote efficiency standards with members
- Identify training needs to ensure local content with regards to energy audit/ energy management
- Develop and implement energy awareness programs
- Support selected training institutions to carry out trainings on energy auditing and energy management
- Knowledge management for energy efficient Industry related results of the Unit (organize and update project documentation, filing, data base);
- Ensure communication and visibility of the energy efficiency in Industries related results of the Unit in line with NESP’s Communication and Visibility Plan/Strategy
- Support in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of Unit activities (incl drawing up monitoring/progress reports)
The Energy management advisor:
is familiar with all components of the programme, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff;
represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf;
carries out important tasks for the programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description; perform other duties and tasks at the request of the management
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- A university degree in the field of engineering (industrial, electrical, mechanical, energy technologies), or a university degree in energy management and planning, or any similar qualifications,
- Knowledge of industrial sector energy saving opportunities, and energy monitoring techniques
- Candidate must have at least 3- 5 years of professional experience in implementing energy efficiency measures or energy management planning, energy monitoring;
- You are familiar with the typical legal instruments for enhancing energy efficiency and have experiences in lobbying activities, and diplomatic approach to sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of federal, and other local laws, rules, policies, procedures and relevant codes applicable to energy efficiency;
- Proven experience and knowledge of national actors and institutions in the energy sector, particularly in the industrial sub-sector;
- Candidate must enjoy networking with public and private sector actors, some of whom may have conflicting interests, and motivating them to contribute to the task at hand.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Very good knowledge of English (speaking, writing) is required
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/535404 to apply for this job .