The Nigerian Energy Support Programme (NESP) is co-funded by the European Union and the German Government and implemented jointly by Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). It aims at enabling and fostering investments in a domestic market for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and improve access to electricity in Nigeria.
As part of the programme and in close collaboration with its public and private partners, the unit on market development, standards and services aim at strengthening the quality delivery and control mechanisms to enhance an enabling market environment for the application of and investments in RE and EE. This will include activities with the Federal Ministry of Power Works and Housing, and potentially State Governments and agencies such as development control, associations representing builders/ architects/ planners as well as private sector participants. Concrete partner MDAs and activities will be established with FMPWH as part of the programme steering based on sector stakeholder analysis.
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Market Development, Standards, and Services Unit, the Advisor for Energy Efficiency in Buildings will be responsible for the planning and implementation of building-related activities of NESP. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of EE policies, regulations, standards and further support mechanisms in the building sector;
- Support the formulation and implementation of promotion measures for energy efficiency solutions in buildings (incl pilot projects)
The following, but not exhaustive tasks will be performed:
- Support the implementation of EE policies, regulations, standards, and further support mechanisms for EE in buildings;
- Ensure ownership of main sector stakeholders and maintain close working relationship with them throughout the implementation of the programme;
- Support the implementation of relevant policies, regulations and standards for EE in buildings (e.g. energy building code, design guidelines for energy efficient buildings etc.);
- Support the formulation and strategic integration of energy efficiency and planning measures into building operations’ procedures, especially on State level;
- Identify training and education needs for energy efficiency in the building sector;
- Support in building capacity of partner & stakeholders on Building Energy Code and Building Energy Code implementation
- Support the formulation and implementation of measures for energy efficiency solutions in buildings
- Develop financial solutions for the scaling of energy efficient building activities
- Supervise baseline assessments and implementation of energy efficiency projects in buildings (e.g. demonstrating energy efficient designs, integration of efficient appliances etc.), incl. prefeasibility & feasibility studies, development & engineering, construction & commissioning;
- Assist in the identification of international best practices of energy efficiency in the building sector.
- Knowledge management for energy efficient building related results of the Unit (organize and update project documentation, filing, data base);
- Ensure communication and visibility of the energy efficient building related results of the Unit in line with NESP’s Communication and Visibility Plan/Strategy
- Support in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of Unit (incl. drawing up monitoring/progress reports)
- The Advisor for Energy Efficiency in Buildings:
- is familiar with all components of the programme, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff;
- represents the interest of the GIZ and the programme and always acts on its behalf;
- carries out important tasks for the programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description; performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to building science, engineering, architecture, energy management or any similar qualifications Knowledge of energy saving opportunities , energy auditing and monitoring techniques
- Candidate must have at least 3 - 5 years of professional experience in implementing energy efficiency measures or energy management planning, energy monitoring;
- You are familiar with the typical legal instruments for enhancing energy efficiency and have experiences in lobbying activities;
- Knowledge of federal, and other local laws, rules, policies, procedures and relevant codes applicable to energy efficiency in buildings;
- Experience and knowledge of national actors and institutions in the energy efficiency in building sub-sectors;
- Ability with system architecture
- Networking and stakeholder moderation skills.
- Other knowledge, additional competencies
- A very good knowledge of English (speaking, writing) is required;
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point;
- Knowledge of building energy simulation is an added advantage
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/535399 to apply for this job .