KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
Purpose of the Position
- The Account Officer keeps accurate, complete and update office records for KNCV country office, and assists the senior accounts officer with monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders.
As Account Officer you will:
- Checks and assigns codes to all financial documents
- Enters all financial documents into the accounting system
- Prepare and process payments in the banking system
- Monitor all advance accounts and reports outstanding balances to Senior Accountant and Senior Finance & Admin Officer on a regular basis
- Ensure that all project incurred expenses are timely paid, documented and filed
- Assist in the annual audit process and related activities
- Assist procurement process
- Maintain the petty cash accounts
- Assist preparing financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist preparing budgets and budget modifications
- Ensure compliance with all US Government (USG) and KNCV financial management and accounting policies and regulations
- Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the Senior Finance & Admin Officer and the Country Representative
- Ensure adherence to all major financial rules and regulations which are described in the KNCV Field Office Manual and operations manual of USAID
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by management in relation with project implementation and daily management of the organization.
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management)
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting and working in a project setting
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in USG supported projects
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications (e.g. Microsoft office etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
- You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534570 to apply for this job .