The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer.
We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
At British High Commission, we promote a working environment that allows social integration.
Do you think you would love to work in a place like this?
Click apply if you do.
Main Purpose of Job
- Hands-on Electrician to carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist TWG team to attend to work requests on regular basis as it affects the mission’s operations.
- Follow FCO health & safety standards in regular works, also ensuring compliance with all TWG work practices and policies.
- Assist TWG team to complete planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as per our Calendar schedule.
- Attend to all Ad hoc tasks delegated by Building Services Manager (BSM) and provide updates on the same.
- Carry out daily routine inspection and maintenance of all electrical panels and Distribution boards.
- Routine and corrective maintenance of all small power outlets.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of Generators, ATS, and LV Stabilisers etc.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of building elevators (lift) and fire system.
- Carry out routine Inspection and maintenance of all fan coil units and room thermostats.
- Conduct weekly test on fire alarm system.
- Responsible for all Energy Isolation and De-Isolation during maintenance.
- Read and interpret blueprints or Electrical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Install, maintain or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Routine inspection and maintenance of electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Follow the building regulations based on British standard.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical system.
- Install safety and distribution component such as switches, sensors, resistors, circuit breakers, relays and other electronics components
- Prepare and assemble conduit both galvanize and PVC and connect wiring through them.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical Labour Trade Test 1, 2, & 3 (Ministry of Labour & Productivity Certificate of Competence).
- Minimum of 3 years experience providing Electrical maintenance and installation services in Multi-complex Office buildings.
- Possess 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate - Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
- Trained Watford 1500kVa Stabiliser maintenance personnel.
- Experience maintaining MCC panels.
- Experience maintaining DDC Panels
- Seeing the Big Picture, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534526 to apply for this job .