Michael Stevens Consulting - We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria.
Purpose of the Role
- The principal purpose of this role is to foster logistics and travel plans and processes in the organization.
- This includes local and international travel arrangements’, visa processing, hotel bookings, airport pickups etc for senior management and key staff in the organization.
- Identify, establish and communicate effective logistical procedures to be used in transport operations, ensuring all stakeholders are aware and follow company procedures while handling company vehicles.
- Responsible for controlling, supervising and optimizing the allocation of duties to drivers and all staff under their charge to ensure high performance standards are maintained..
- Obtain quotations from agents or various airlines to find the best flight prices, options, buy and refund airline tickets as requested. Check-in for flights, select seats per preference and communicate to the traveling staff.
- The officer facilitates the travel of staff members going to other countries on official business.
- Arrange hotels and airport transfers, travel packages in anticipation of travel for staff, management and contractors working on projects.
- Provide periodic reports on expenditure and related information regarding travel.
- Build and maintain cordial relationships with various Government agencies at international and domestic airports to facilitate effective meet and greet services.
- The officer will assist with organizing events that involve international guest. He/she sends invitations and arranges to receive visitors; plan for their accommodation.
- The protocol officer is expected to plan the timetable of foreign visitors. He/She arranges for transportation where necessary and ensures the visitor’s schedule does not suffer from complications and delays.
- Provide protocol to clients at the airport both international and domestic
- To deal with Immigration Authority and airport security force for clearance of clients.
- Arrange collection of travelers and baggage.
- Ensure speedy passage through airport – process travel documents.
- Make airport arrangement pick up and drop; Supervise escort patrol.
- Protect clients from extortion or harassment by airport authorities.
- Transferring passengers through the airport.
- Assist with other office function when less busy with travel arrangements.
- Willingness to work outside office hours.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in any discipline
- Certification in IATA an added advantage
- 0-1 year working experience in the travel industry with good working knowledge of ticketing and travel logistics.
- Exhibit a high level of initiative, objectivity, integrity and commitment.
- Good team spirit and human relations management.
- Good negotiation and communication skills both written and spoken, email etiquette, invoicing.
- Good organizational and management skills, an analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Good diplomacy skills and tact in dealing with team members, tired drivers and colleagues.
- Outgoing and confident with a pleasant personality; independent and self-motivated.
- Proficient with Internet use, MS-Office and good problem solving skills.
- High attention to details and a team player
Special Skills & Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Smart; Numeric; Dutiful; Confident
- Outgoing; Driven; Trustworthy
- Must be resident in Lagos State
- Not more than 27 years by December 31 , 2017
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534506 to apply for this job .