Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. The group offers the following services.
Drilling services are offered through Drillpet in a technical partnership with Schlumberger Nigeria Limited and Gyrodata Inc. The company is specialized in borehole gyroscopic surveying, conventional and advanced directional drilling, measurement while drilling, logging while drilling and well engineering.
The Environment Engineer is mainly responsible for:
- Interface with the Company's Deepwater organisation and entities in dealing with environmental matters with respect to exploration and production activities
- Company's Deepwater activity leader for Maestro principle HSE 01 ( Respect for Laws and Regulation)
- DGEP/HSE/ENV affiliate focal point for Environment data report consolidation in ENABLON
- Ensure application, and compliance with Environmental regulations, reference documents and best practices in Deep water District operations
- Contribute to development of positive image of the Group, and improving affiliates environmental performances
- Support the role of Environmental representative vis-a-vis authorities , partners and the industry
- Support Company's Deep water District Oil Spill contingency management system , ensure their operation and preparedness
- Advice on Company's Deep water District environmental l Aspects , ensure their monitoring, prevention and controls
- To provide Environmental protection advices and technical support to Company's Deep water District operations
- To participate in the preparation of the annual HSE improvement plan
- To provide advice to Line Management to enable activities to be undertaken in conformance with statutory obligation applicable regulations and Company rules.
- To ensure the adequacy of the Deep water operation scheme with respect to international and Nigerian Regulations and Company Environmental policy I objectives.
- To promote all actions in order to reach a suitable Environmental performances during all phases of the Deep water operations and Development
- A seasoned Environmental scientist with Master's in Business Administration (MBA) and at least 10 years experience in environmental management activities for offshore and onshore engineering , construction and production of oil and gas.
- Recognised Environmental Management qualification
- Experience in EMS implementation , Environment Studies, Operations , Reporting and Oil spill management
- Sound knowledge in Environment and Safety matters, e;g; legislations, codes of practice, Company specifications, etc.
- Good business orientation, strong interpersonal skills and communication abilities.
- Good analytical skills and a keen sense of reality.
- Good written and oral communication skills and power of persuasion are essential for interfacing with Asset Managers, regulatory authorities and environmental pressure groups
- Strong team player with networking ability.
- HSE, Oil & Gas, Operations, QA/QC, Quality Control.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534311 to apply for this job .