Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been present in Nigeria since April 2016. The NGO is willing to cover the needs of crisis affected people in Borno State through a comprehensive integrated approach, targeting the people’s affected by the crisis with means of subsistence (Food Security & Livelihood), the access to the basic services (Primary Health Care, Nutrition) and the living conditions (Shelter, NFI, WASH, etc.).
- PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
- PUI is now looking for its Food Security and Livelihood Project a Food Security and Livelihood Deputy Program Manager Maiduguri.
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security Program Manager, The Food Security and Livelihood Deputy Program Manager (FS&L-DPM) is responsible for the management and the proper implementation of Food Security and Livelihood project(s) in Borno State.
- He/she coordinates and monitors the work of both supervisors and all field officers dedicated to these activities and he/she is responsible for a qualitative and regular reporting on various components of the project.
- The FS&L DPM position’s major objectives are to properly achieve the following global tasks:
- Smooth and timely implementation of the activities in the field with particular follows up of the team at field level;
- Design and capitalization of all aspects of the project in direct link with the Food Security Program Manager.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Ensure the Implementation and the Monitoring of the Food Security and Livelihoods Project(s):
- S/He organizes, schedules and coordinates the FS&L activities and the team’s work on a weekly basis.
- S/He supervises the field work of partners or/and contactors and make sure they agree and respect PUI principles.
- S/He monitors closely the implementation of activities at field level with site visits on a regular basis.
- S/He supervises the work schedule of the supervisors and officers and provides them support when needed.
- S/He ensures the timely implementation of the project(s).
- S/He shares about the work progress with the Program Manager on a daily basis or when needed.
- S/He actively takes part in the monitoring of the results achievements and indicators as per indicated in the logical framework.
- S/He is responsible for the field communication between PUI, the Communities and the local leaders regarding the implementation of the activities;
- S/He introduces the FS&L activities to the Communities and local authorities and organizes regular meetings to maintain good collaboration between the communities and PUI teams
- S/He mobilizes and encourage the Communities for the activities (daily and free worker)
- S/He ensures that all project(s) documents are correctly filled and filed.
- S/He actively contributes to the security analysis in the field and ensure that all measures have been taken and rules followed to ensure security on-site.
- Give an expertise and contribute to the improvement of activities through critics, analysis and suggestions.
- S/He participates in the needs assessments in collaboration with the Program Manager to develop other projects and takes part in the definition of new program’s strategy and proposal writing.
Manage the Operational Team:
- S/He participates to the recruitment process of the FS&L supervisors and officers.
- S/He supervise the Supervisors and Field Officers and ensure the respect of all human resources rules;
- S/He ensures the administrative HR management of his/her officers (daily attendance, leaves management) in collaboration with the HR department.
- S/He ensures that her/his team complies with PU internal rules
- In collaboration with the program manager, s/he ensures a regular evaluation process for her/his team with definition and follow-up of clear objectives
- S/He supports her/his team in building their capacities (Day to day sharing of knowledge and experience, organize training sessions for the Supervisors and Field Officers, develop any pedagogical and methodological tools adapted to the local context…)
- S/He ensures a good communication, coordination and information level within the team through regular coordination meetings, formal reporting (or other if needed).
Manage the Logistical and Financial Aspects of the Project:
- S/He defines the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- S/He ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works.
- S/He manages the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistics department.
- S/He uses the PUI forms for all exchange with the logistic & administration services.
- S/He analyses the security situation in the area and inform the Program Manager in case of security incidents, rumours or any security information.
- S/He takes part in the financial follow-up of the project with the Program Manager.
- S/He contributes to the management of the cash forecast of the project in link with the Program Manager.
Represent PUI and Ensure proper Reporting:
- S/He participates in the different working groups and meetings related to her/his field of work.
- S/He ensures representation of PU (with her/his team, at field level) among partners, donors and different authorities for the areas which s/he is responsible for.
- S/He provides weekly and monthly internal reporting on activities according to PUI internal tools.
- S/He takes part in external reporting according to the needs (reports to local authorities, donors) in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Program Manager.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Work experience: 2 years’ experience in a similar position in an international NGO
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Computer Skills: Proficient user of MS office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Good management and pedagogical skills and team leadership spirit
- Knowledge and previous experience in Project Cycle Management
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Good skills in reports and contracts redaction
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Well organized and very rigorous, ability to manage priorities
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below
- Updated CV,
- Letter of motivation,
- Copy of work certificates,
- Copy of relevant certificates
- Reference contacts.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the e-mail subject.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534307 to apply for this job .