African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093786
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Bank’s Private Sector Development Department is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries (RMCs), ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- The Directorate is made of two divisions, including the Strategy and Transaction support Division; and the Portfolio Asset Management Division
As part of the front office of the Directorate, the Analyst Officer will assist in ensuring that all administrative support systems function as efficiently as possible thus improving the overall productivity of the department.
The purpose of the job is as follows:
- The job holder will be responsible for Budget Preparation and Implementation (including staff planning) of the department.
- The incumbent will also assist in coordinating the Department Procurement systems in accordance with Bank procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director PISD, the Analyst Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Departments Budget is appropriately monitored and that all reports are produced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handel the annual budgeting exercise ensuring that the Departments work programme is appropriately supported by adequate budgetary provision.
- Perform and update the staff planning requirements and recommend measures to ensure the staffing compliment is optimised.
- Ensure that PISD procurement systems are in line with Bank policy.
- Proactively review all procurement issues so that procurement of consultants and firms is performed in an orderly and timely manner.
- Ensure all contract payments are met in a timely manner,
- Oversee GS Staff within the department ensuring that they can perform their roles in relation to budget, procurement and other administrative issues,
- Ensure that all budget and procurement reports/contributions requested by the VP’s office and/or concerned departments are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Management or other relevant fields.
- Generally more than 3 years of relevant professional experience in finance and administration within the Bank or another first class institution.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, and demonstrated capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders (financial institutions, businesses, international organizations, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate and to successfully communicate with different stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, coordination and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, respect for deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.
- Familiarity with procurement and budgetary procedures within the Bank.
- Strong skills in analyzing accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required.
- Ability to perform cost-benefit analyses and evaluate trends affecting budget implementation.
- Strong drafting ability required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534268 to apply for this job .