ACTED - Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
Duration: 6 Months
Starting Date: ASAP
Contribute to timely, cost efficient & transparent supply chain management in country:
- Ensure that ACTED procurement guidelines are applied at all times for all procurements assigned by the CLM;
- Contribute to maintain the national supplier database up-to-date & to build a strategic view of sourcing in the area;
- Support the design of budgets by checking main unit prices as well as maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of running costs;
- Contribute to the development of the procurement plan for every project, in close coordination with the CLM, taking into consideration project constraints, donors & ACTED procurement guidelines, and any other specifics.
- Contribute to coordinate procurement with capital & other field offices logistics & program staff. Anticipate procurement risks such as tender failure, delivery planning, seasonality, budget restrictions, custom clearance, etc., and liaise efficiently with other departments and the CLM to mitigate such risks. Major risks identified should be directly raised to the CLM promptly.
- Ensure the timely implementation of procurements under his/her responsibility in full compliance with ACTED logistics procedures, in particular procurement scenarios & level of authorizations: amend procurement plans if needed and submit them to the CLM approval; anticipate & request waivers to the CLM according to the project chronogram to meet operational deadlines; help drafting calls for tenders when needed (in coordination with Project Managers); follow-up selection & contract signature according to level of authorizations.
- Contribute to maintain framework contracts for running supplies/services/works in alignment with ACTED procurement guidelines; ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as fuel, stationery, transportation means, etc.
- Apply the value for money principle throughout the procurement process by implementing sound suppliers/service providers/contractors offers comparison, physical quality check, search for the best prices, etc.
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (tender documents, contracts, quotations, etc.);
Stocks & Deliveries:
- Contribute to identify warehouses/storage space based on needs in the area, with a strategic view of flows & interconnections between locations & ACTED offices in coordination with the CLM. Ensure premises are furnished, made secure for use, and maintained;
- Contribute to ensure goods transportation means are secured such as rental trucks, air cargo, etc.
- Follow-up deliveries under his/her responsibility based on contractual terms. Liaise efficiently with suppliers for timely deliveries in particular, or efficient solving of any unexpected issue.
- Contribute to anticipate & mitigate delivery risks such as: transportation, legal authorizations, custom clearance, quality check, etc.
- Support efficient planning for deliveries to the project teams, and Contribute to maintain a regular information toward Project Managers about their stock levels & expected lead-times;
- Ensure that ACTED stocks & delivery guidelines are applied in the area at all times ;
- Contribute to maintain and disseminate a monthly stock report for every project;
- Handle periodic inventories, and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner;
- Contribute to ensure the exhaustion of stocks before the project ending dates and to provide projects final stock reports to the CLM as per donors’ guidelines;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of stocks & deliveries documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (stock reception vouchers, stocks cards, stock exit forms, etc.).
- Contribute to the up-to-date order follow-up and to disseminate the tool to all operational managers.
- Support the quantity & quality check at every step of the supply chain;
- Handle random checks during field visits as well as amongst daily management tasks to check overall traceability of items.
Contribute to ensure timely, cost efficient & transparent transversal logistical management in country:
Fleet & Transportation Management:
- Support vehicles allocations, purchase or rental based on program & transversal needs in country;
- Support efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools;
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED fleet management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: logbooks, registration & maintenance sheets, etc.
- Contribute to review & implement an efficient maintenance strategy in country (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs): handle market surveys of maintenance facilities, genuine spare parts market, develop practical tools to anticipate vehicles availability, etc.
- Contribute to ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in every vehicle in use, and for any movement;
- Support the monthly physical inventory of fleet, and update related tools accordingly;
- Contribute to calculate and check the monthly cost of each vehicle (fuel consumption, repairs, insurance, etc.); investigate and solve major over-costs; report major increases in fleet costs the CLM.
- Support the identification of transportation companies for needs that can’t be covered by ACTED fleet, taking into account opportunities made available through the humanitarian community (logistics cluster, UN flights, etc.): vehicle rental companies, air cargo companies, boat lines, etc.
- Contribute to coordinate stock transfers or deliveries accordingly by developing coordination tools such as timetables, operational meetings, etc., in close coordination with the CLM.
- Support loading and unloading of goods;
- Support administrative requirements toward customs and any other local authority when transporting goods/staff;
- Contribute to organize regular drivers training and refreshers (driving, security & safety, basic maintenance, crisis management, etc);
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fleet & transportation documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (logbooks, maintenance sheets, administrative authorizations, insurance cards, etc.).
- Contribute to manage fuel supply in the area in compliance with ACTED procurement guidelines; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks if any.
- Support minimum fuel quality requirements;
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED fuel management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: fuel slips, fuel bills, standard consumption rates, etc.
- Support the maintenance of appropriate storage facilities for fuel, as per security & safety guidelines;
- Contribute to the monthly fuel inventory, and update related tools accordingly; discrepancies with standard consumption rates should be investigated and documented.
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of fuel documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (logbooks, fuel slips & bills, etc.).
- Support assets allocations, purchase or rental based on program & transversal needs in country;
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED asset management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: registration cards, monthly asset follow-up, etc.
- Contribute to maintain an up-to-date monthly asset follow-up per project code, budget line, with a clear location & user for each asset; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Support monthly and random asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability, and take any corrective action needed;
- Contribute to review & implement an efficient maintenance strategy (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs): handle market surveys of maintenance services, develop practical tools to anticipate assets availability, etc.
- Contribute to regular staff training and refreshers (right use of computers & radios, installation & use of generators, etc);
- Support the transfer or donation of assets before project ending dates, and the projects final asset reports for the CLM as per donors’ guidelines;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of asset documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (registration cards, etc.).
- Support the identification & contracting of premises (offices, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with the CLM.
- Contribute to upgrade of each premises up to ACTED standards;
- Contribute to ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premises by providing in particular appropriate power supply, drinking water, stationery, etc.
- Support preventive & corrective maintenance or works of premises;
- Contribute to maintain a monthly physical inventory of other goods (in addition to the monthly asset follow-up on another hand);
- Contribute to ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in every premises;
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of premises documentation (lease agreements, security assessments, etc.)
Communications & IT Management:
- Support communication & IT needs & communication means allocations, purchase or rental accordingly based on program & transversal needs in country;
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED communication & IT management guidelines are applied in the area;
- Contribute to maintain a monthly communication costs follow-up; investigate and solve major over-costs; report major increases in communication costs to the CLM.
- Support the fulfilment of administrative requirements toward local authorities for communication means in use;
- Contribute to define & implement the IT plan in country: handle market surveys of maintenance services, internet connections opportunities, etc.
- The general objective is to ensure that ACTED in country benefits from the best technological services at the best price, depending on budget, and based on ACTED global standards.
- Support the monthly data back-up (server, emails, etc.) as per replication standards;
- Contribute to IT staff regular training & refreshers;
- Contribute to ensure IT security guidelines in country, and take any needed corrective action; contribute to IT security crisis management in close liaison with the CLM if required.
- Support the efficient & exhaustive circulation, filing & archiving of communication & IT documentation (lease agreements, security assessments, etc.)
Ensure compliance to ACTED & donors’ procedures in all logistics operations under his/her responsibility and actively promote logistics procedures:
- Ensure ACTED logistics manual is applied for all operations under his/her direct responsibility; contribute to improve logistics procedures knowledge by logistics, finance, program and coordination teams;
- Promote the zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to ACTED Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy;
- Contribute to monthly logistics TITANIC under the CLM supervision, carefully checking the reliability & relevance of data reported from field offices;
- Handle field visits with clear ToRs, including ad hoc checks (asset & stock inventories, fuel consumption, etc.) and written report following each visit; the planning & ToR should be shared with the CLM & the Area Coordinator in advance.
- Organize regular logistics staff training & refreshers internally about ACTED procedures, lessons learnt, FAQ, etc. throughout workshops or field visits;
- Capitalize on lessons learnt through memos, training module, etc. for continuous improvements of logistics compliance in country, under the CLM supervision;
- Contribute to follow-up & update internal & external audit report for logistics, under the CLM supervision;
- Support a timely and accurate logistics document flow to the Finance and Transparency/Compliance departments as per ACTED global audit manual;
- Support the preparation of external audits as per Regional Audit teams instructions, under the CLM supervision.
Contribute to the Implementation Safety & Security Guidelines, SOP & Plans:
- Ensure and control the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to premises, communication and movement;
- Support the preparedness (check contingency kits, first aid kits etc.) to evacuation and contingency plans in capital;
- Control the implementation of mitigation measures and security rules according to the local context and ensure compliance with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS);
- Report security breaches if any.
Contribute to Logistics Staff Capacity Building :
- Train & build capacities of logistics staff; identify staff with potential.
- Support coordination between the logistics team and Project Managers, Technical coordinators, Area coordinators and Sub-Area coordinators to facilitate effective, efficient and timely program implementation.
- Represent ACTED with relevant logistics and communication networks, in place of the CLM in his/her absence;
- Participate in capital level coordination meetings, in place of the CLM in his/her absence;
- Contribute to donor proposals, budgets and reports under the CLM supervision if requested;
- Support any other area/office if requested by the CLM;
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution under the CLM supervision if requested.
- Required qualifications and technical competencies
- Postgraduate diploma in International Development and (or) relevant Master’s level degree
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong writing abilities and analytical skills
- Skills in political sciences or international relations
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, and donor relations are required
- Previous experience abroad is required
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organization’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/534116 to apply for this job .