The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent coordinates the design and implementation of components related HTC and prevention services in supported sites.
- S/he will support the HCT/Prevention services design and implementation, achievement of results, and collaborates with other technical units to ensure effective teamwork.
- Maintaining regular contact with the management team and other staff to provide updates on HTC and Prevention activities and to discuss strategies, challenges, and communicate activity progress through both formal and informal meetings and disseminate required quarterly and annual progress reports.
- S/he will ensure that Quality Assurance mechanisms are in place and functional at all service points.
- Leads development of annual HTT work plans and ensures integration of other activities in larger project work plan.
- The job holder supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV/AIDS Testing and Counseling and Prevention training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate international standards, regional protocols, and local realities; strengthens/initiates quality assurance (QA) for both HIV testing and counseling for facility-based, mobile, and community based rapid counseling and testing (RCT) services working with the MOH and other institutions.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medical Laboratory, or Public Health.
- Knowledge of public health information, education, and communications methodology in an African development context.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least three years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least two years working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Ability to interpret strategies, analyze, develop and present work and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs. Experience with laboratory or rapid test kits desirable.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533768 to apply for this job .