The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) strategies and public relations campaigns supporting efforts to promote positive behavioral change in a wide variety of health settings.
- Formulating locally appropriate IEC/BCC strategies using a mix of effective communication channels, based on national models, templates, and standards based on local analyses;
- S/he will Guiding local implementation of IEC/BCC activities in both public and private sectors based on demonstrated good practices; and draft and edit reports, press releases, communication products (flyers, posters, leaflets, booklets, health worker Job aids, etc.) and other documents as required. Must show demonstrated ability to convert technically complex concepts into plain language.
- The job holder will respond to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in full support and compliance with contractual agreements.
- S/he will assist in the design and development of qualitative and formative research including the establishment of performance indicators and measures to monitor and record outcome and Impact data
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Development Studies/ Social Science/ Behavioral/Social Sciences.
- 5 years of experience in implementing and managing public relations, branding/marketing communication or advocacy projects or campaigns in developing countries.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art public relations, marketing, social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application.
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the health topic areas (MNCH, FP, malaria, WASH, nutrition, HIV/AIDS) is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience m developing and implementing social and behavior change communication, advocacy and public relations projects and programs in Africa and/or that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to work, communicate, and build rapport with a variety of audience, professionals in academia. Industry, government, non-governmental organizations and leading multi-media communications teams for effective SBCC Interventions
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533766 to apply for this job .