The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will lead the design of structural interventions to prevent HIV among key populations, including those that address gender inequalities, stigma and discrimination and the legal rights and status of key populations, and economic barriers.
- S/he will provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of program activities in HIV prevention for key and vulnerable populations, including integration of TB/HIV services for co-infected patients. Contribute to the development of business proposals, technical reports and publications as they relate to HIV prevention for key and vulnerable populations Develop new/Review evidence-based clinical training materials, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems and other training materials needed for implementation of the program to meet the needs of USAID and the Government of Nigeria.
- The job holder will coordinate assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, demand creation, policy support, capacity-building and M&E across program sites as required by program activities and actively participate in all Technical Advisory Group Meetings, and represent the organization in professional forums by participating and presenting in pertinent meetings and conferences, as well as technical working groups
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, and Nursing required.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience applying community outreach / training community health workers and/or CBOs in HIV interventions for key and vulnerable populations.
- Experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, performance and quality improvement, psychosocial support, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inequalities, stigma, economic barriers, discrimination and the legal rights and status of key populations in Nigeria.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533765 to apply for this job .