The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- This job incumbent will ensure that the organization maintain the integrity of all operations/ transactions and activities through the development, implementation and monitoring of risk management and internal control framework (systems, structures, policies and procedures)
- S/he will lead the formulation and articulation of the organization’s Risk Management philosophy, emphasizing the risk tolerance levels/stance/donor regulations/requirements and threshold points for various elements of risk.
- The job holder has responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Compliance unit, to achieve objectives consistent with corporate strategy and goals.
- This is achieved by providing periodic independent assessments of the integrity of business processes as well as levels of compliance with laid down procedures and controls.
- Finally, using initial and interim assessments of compliance and audit status, prepare what is required to achieve a satisfactory level of compliance and coordinate periodic field visits to ensure timely implementation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent. CPA. ACA, ICAN or recognized equivalent is a requirement. At least six years’ post NYSC experience and professional qualification experience in budgeting, financial management and finance, preferably with at least 3 years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID funded project.
- Working knowledge of GAAPS. USG rules and regulation including HSS grant policy ,45 CFR 75, A122 other donor regulations with strong financial accounting, modeling and analytic skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of information to management.
- Strong sense of natural curiosity to study a problem and identify root causes, make logical connections/conclusions from scattered data. High level of attention to details in all aspects of work responsibilities and Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
- Excellent experience with financial systems and Tally 9 ERP software.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533764 to apply for this job .