The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will work with the Grants Officer to plan capital campaign strategies, including the establishment of goals, campaign strategies, etc. and provide high-level program administrative support in the office of Chief Executive Officer.
- Support process of research, prepares statistical reports, handles information requests and performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Carry out administrative duties required including receiving correspondences and keeping records of documents.
- Perform duties using independent judgment and initiative to determine approaches or actions to take in non-routine situations and interprets guidelines using policies and precedents.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Sciences, Social Sciences or Management.
- At least 2 years’ of progressive experience working on donor-funded projects, grants and/or cooperative agreements.
- Proven track record in grant writing including but not limited to international donor grants, capacity building proposals and funding requests to private and public foundations.
- Knowledge of grants and grant administration systems, processes and budgeting.
- Highly developed communication skills (written & verbal) with demonstrated ability to tailor communication to relevant audiences and ability to develop high performing working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and advance multiple projects at once.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533763 to apply for this job .