The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will provide support for the formulation and articulation of Risk Management philosophy, emphasizing risk tolerance levels/stance and threshold points for various elements of risk; review standard operating manuals, policies and procedures and ensure that they are in line with the rules and regulations of institutional donors, advising updates where required.
- S/he will identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- The job holder will use initial and interim assessments of their compliance status, prepare what is required to achieve a satisfactory level of compliance and coordinate periodic field visits to ensure timely implementation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent. ICAN, ACCA or recognized equivalent is a requirement.
- At least five years’ post NYSC financial Management experience with at least 2 years of NGO experience in a similar position in a CDC/USAID funded project.
- Experience and professional qualification experience in budgeting, financial management and finance.
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulation including HSS grant policy, 45 CFR 75, A122 other donor regulations and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Ability to work collaboratively with program staff and stakeholders across organizational boundaries;
- Possess mentoring, leadership and soft skills including confidentially, integrity etc.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533762 to apply for this job .