The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will provide quality assurance/ improvement focused technical assistance and serve as subject matter expertise regarding process improvement initiatives across ART/ TB, PMTCT, care and support, prevention & community services.
- S/he will provide training and orientation to the organization’s state teams and health facility teams on QA and QI methodologies.
- S/he will develop appropriate sampling procedures and methodologies for reviewing and reporting quality assessments.
- S/he will plan and conduct periodic program quality compliance audit of Central office units, state offices and services delivery points to identify non-compliance in adherence to SOPs and guidelines.
- In collaboration with other thematic areas, the job holder will ensure comprehensive data analysis to identify areas for improvement across thematic areas, health facility systems and program units.
- S/he will develop metrics and other relevant reports on QA management for all issues related to the outcome of QA audits.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced Degree in Nursing/ Midwifery, Medicine, Public Health or related field.
- At least 5 years’ clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment.
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in Adult/ Pediatric HIV management, TB, OVC, Prevention and PMTCT services.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA and QI.
- Willingness to travel to project sites.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533760 to apply for this job .