The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will strengthen integration of the HIV program into other health programs within the health system in line with donor requirements.
- The jobholder will provide technical support on all key health systems issues including governance, health financing, service delivery, health sector coordination and inputs to sector wide working groups.
- S/he will provide strategic policy and technical inputs to the Ministry of Health in the development and implementation of the State Strategic Health Plans.
- S/he will liaise and collaborate with state colleagues, technical units in the Ministry of Health (MoH), Women Affairs and other related MDAs and donors/ partners on all matters relating to the collection, compilation and dissemination of evidence, information and data on health issues and challenges, interventions and systems performance.
- S/he will coordinate assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, including developing supportive supervision guidelines.
- S/he will identify clinical training needs and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Services Management or related field.
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the Nigerian healthcare system, particularly the public health system.
- Demonstrated previous experience working in PEPFAR funded HIV/ AIDS program. Ability to liaise with senior MOH officials and dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community.
- Skills in strengthening service delivery programs, training, performance and quality improvement and monitoring and evaluation.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment. The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 - John Bull.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533756 to apply for this job .