A consulting firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Reports to Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- The CTO shall be responsible for all technical activities for this growing infrastructure based telecom operator and data center service provider. Responsibilities will include directing all new service development, network planning and engineering and implementation/build-out, operations management, network and service performance assurance, managing the ICT portfolio in line with business requirements and overall support of business development activities on a global scale.
- Oversee all technology aspects of the company.
- Direct the teams in new product and service development, Network Planning, Engineering and Implementation, including infrastructure build out to new regions globally and service delivery to customer locations, Solutions Development to address a growing set of telecom and data center service needs, Business development and Technical Sales support and Global Operations including managing the delivery of end-to-end services over Main One’s international network, terrestrial networks in several countries, IP/MPLS footprint, partner networks and data center with technology from leading global OEMs.
- Establish the company’s technology roadmap in line with market needs and global technology trends, assist in development of the business plan and lead all aspects of its implementation.
- Work with other department heads, especially Sales and Marketing to plan and advice on technologies and services to meet evolving market needs that enhance revenue.
- Roll out new telecom and data center services and deploy effective resources to support in company and by leading corporate customers.
- Build relationships especially on C-level with customers and global partners that result in superior solutions and deeper loyalty and adoption of Main One solutions.
- Ensure world class network and data center operations and management to deliver the required service levels to customers.
- Ensure overall network security, reliability and resilience and disaster recovery planning.
- Manage supplier business relationships and/or partnerships across the operating countries to sustain and grow the company’s business.
- Direct the IT team and ensure alignment of IT with overall business requirements.
- Lead the company’s continued investment in infrastructure to drive growth including future domestic and international network builds and evolution of network and data center services, capacity planning and optimization taking into account technology trends
- Actively manage the department’s budget and ensure effective use of the company’s resources on technology investments to grow the business.
- Grow the capacity of the company’s technical staff to lead the technology services innovation curve.
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree including a
- Masters’ degree in Business, Engineering or Management.
- Minimum of 20 years’ experience in ICT or Telecommunications industry in management with at least 10 years with an infrastructure based service provider.
- Minimum of 10 years’ strategic management experience.
- Open to Expatriates (US, UK) and Repatriates (Nigerians abroad willing to relocate)
- Experience with the design, deployment and operations of physical network infrastructure including DWDM networks, preferably both terrestrial and submarine systems, optical network solutions and microwave technologies.
- Experience deploying and managing services delivered via network solutions using SDH, IP, Ethernet and MPLS Technologies.
- Experienced manager with ability to develop middle level technical management.
- Strong technical and network engineering and operations skills.
- Extensive experience of Business & Operational Support Systems (BSS/OSS) and IT Applications (CRM/ERP).
- Proven experience of managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets against specific commercial objectives.
- Ability to lead technology evolution of the company to address market opportunities with new service offerings.
- Ability to deliver network features and enhancements on time and on budget.
- Ability to effectively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff to achieve business objectives.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533613 to apply for this job .