We are one of Africa’s fastest growing and most innovative FinTech platforms. We are looking to dominate the lending space through technological innovation and pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture.
Your core responsibility will be to deliver highly available & scalable web applications that will help the company achieve its short & long-term role. As a full-stack engineer, you will be responsible for building scalable services that power our entire application suites with cutting-edge server-side technologies.
Your job will generally involve the following:
- Design, implement and support our platform to help the company drive its goals.
- Actively work on creating a learning organisation through agile documentation, operational run-books & guides
- Debugging and Improvement of existing systems.
- Improving the quality of our unit, integration and acceptance tests
- Interact with product owners, partners and business stakeholders to understand and develop requirements
- Lead small teams of engineers.
- Help drive agile project planning process Mentor junior engineers and help develop best practices
The ideal candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Must have been building robust, maintainable, scalable web-based applications for at least 5 years.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team.
- Good working knowledge of Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or
- Oracle) and/or NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Elastic, Cassandra).
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field
The following are optional but will enhance your chances of being considered:
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts
- Knowledge of GIT
- Knowledge of micro services (or SOA), Docker, and/or distributed systems.
- Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and/or other automated testing skills.
- Ability to work in the Linux environment.
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with managing and deploying applications on AWS.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/533607 to apply for this job .